Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here Hyundai shows us a bit of the 2022+ Santa Cruz pickup R&D process. Its not much to go off of but on April 15 @ 12PM (EST) we'll get to learn all about it at the Digital World Premiere!
Laptop Computer Automotive design Personal computer Technology
Computer Personal computer Gesture Automotive design Audio equipment

HYUNDAI RELEASES SANTA CRUZ DEVELOPMENT VIDEO AND TEASER
  • Digital World Premiere: April 15 @ 9:00 AM PT on hyundaiusa.com
  • Santa Cruz Sport Adventure Vehicle Shatters SUV and Truck Segments, Creating an Entirely New Vehicle Category
  • Vehicle Concept Appeals to Urban Adventure Seekers that Require Daily Urban Flexibility Coupled with Versatility for Extra-urban Adventures
  • Santa Cruz Created by Diverse Team of California Designers at Hyundai Design North America

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Apr. 8, 2021 – Hyundai has released a Santa Cruz development video with teaser sketches of its eagerly anticipated Santa Cruz Sport Adventure Vehicle. An enthusiastic Hyundai design team with diverse outdoor pursuits helped fulfill the Santa Cruz concept evolution, ensuring its broad adventure capabilities. Hyundai research confirmed Santa Cruz’ appeal to urban adventure seekers that require daily urban flexibility coupled with the capability for frequent extra-urban adventures. Santa Cruz boasts bold yet sophisticated design, powerful and efficient powertrain options, a flexible, secure open bed for gear, cutting-edge connectivity and a highly maneuverable all-wheel drive platform that is equally at home in urban and adventure-focused environments.

·
Registered
82 Posts
They've got a lot to live up for with how long it's taken. I'm most interested to see if there's anything unique with the bed.

·
Registered
70 Posts
They've got a lot to live up for with how long it's taken. I'm most interested to see if there's anything unique with the bed.
Nothing etched in stone, but my 2c: 4’ composite with cargo D-rings, sidewall storage, and under-bed storage. Top 3 trims come with pkg that includes factory installed integrated cover, utility track rail system, 115AC power, and bed lighting. I don’t expect anything super special otherwise.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think it would’ve been really awesome to have the extendable bed a la concept, but I guess it’s hard to make that for production?

·
Registered
740 Posts
I think it would’ve been really awesome to have the extendable bed a la concept, but I guess it’s hard to make that for production?
I'm fine with them ripping off something similar to the Dodge Ram 1500 cargo management system. You can use it as a bed divider flat, into a U-shape into the bed, or to extend the bed you lower the tailgate and attach the U-shape so it goes to the edge of the bed.

I have one on my Ram and its always been very practical.

Hopefully they also would ripoff something the old Avalanche did which let you do a passthrough into the cab of the vehicle for really long items.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Totally agree with some sort of cargo bed extender to use the lowered gate to its max potential.

I would doubt that they’ll be a pass-through, because the rear window is sliding and I think would get lowered into that area when the window is down?

*although, where is the rear window in that Avalanche?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.