Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I think the part where they drown the SC in the vat of whatever that is, tailgate and all, is very interesting!
Its a rust proofing bath that ensures the entire steel body gets protected. The whole vehicle goes under and is flipped over so ever little corner gets treated. After this step the vehicle is primed, inspected for flaws where some filler or extra sealant is applied (@ 2:35) and then painted by robots. After the painting step you see the workers do another inspection under special lighting to perform some light touch up with buffing tools (@ 4:08).

This video has been posted before but its always cool to watch all the steps :cool:

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium
55 Posts
I wish they focus on quality when building this truck. This is my 2nd Hyundai and I‘m noticing quality build issues that I’ll need to see if the dealership will correct. You’ll never notice until your excitement ends and really look.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Watching the production line robots always gives me the creeps LOL. I did get into the GM plant tour back when the Pontiac Solstice was in production and I was in a Solstice and Sky club. They were so good to us on those tours with lunches and gift bags.

·
Registered
997 Posts
'Creepy' is right, especially the painters with their 'fingers' spraying paint!

When the Element was new and we still went weeks without seeing another one, the owners forum administrators got Honda to give us a tour of the plant in Ohio - first time the public was ever allowed in. I was most surprised by the quietness of the assembly area as they worked - I was expecting lots of banging, clanging, and machine noises.

A few hundred of us had converged from all over the country. Along the way, as we randomly met up on the interstates, ad-hoc convoys formed and grew longer and longer. It garnered quite a bit of gawking from other motorists - after all, the Element was a weird - I mean 'distinctive' - vehicle in those days. A great time was had by all. Unfortunately, a server crash sometime later wiped out all the great photos of that event. But SWMBO and I still recall it fondly.

Reactions: MyJoyride
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.