Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai's upcoming Santa Cruz pickup was recently spotted testing in South Korea.

Posted in AutoSpy, the disguised model doesn’t give many hints as to what lurks underneath, however, Hyundai has already confirmed it will commence production of the model in 2021 at its updated Montgomery plant in Alabama.

You can see the Santa Cruz seems to keep most of the shape of the 2015 Santa Cruz concept car, adopting the thin LED headlights and large grille upfront. At the back is a short tray bed. Speca for the model haven't been released but it is likely it will be based on a variation of the next-generation Tucson SUV’s monocoque chassis, which will be available in front and all-wheel drive and with a hybrid drivetrain.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Wow. I like what I'm seeing so far especially since another round of spy shots went live, this time it was in traffic.

2021 Hyundai Santa Cruz Pickup

2021 Hyundai Pickup

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything seems promising so far! I'm very excited to see the finished product.

·
Registered
744 Posts
An updated 2021 Santa Cruz test mule was spotted today testing around Hyundai's Namyang R&D center
Some things to note:
  • codenamed "NX4 OB"
  • less camouflage, more of the production body revealed
  • shares design cues with the new Tuscon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts