Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The idea with the Santa Fe is it has the 2.5 Turbo, the Tucson does not.
Oh okay that makes sense. I’ll most likely end up getting the base SE trim with the 8 speed automatic so I’m hoping that one is not too expensive with AWD. If the SE is above 30k with AWD I may look elsewhere or see if the Maverick is cheaper when it eventually arrives.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh okay that makes sense. I’ll most likely end up getting the base SE trim with the 8 speed automatic so I’m hoping that one is not too expensive with AWD. If the SE is above 30k with AWD I may look elsewhere or see if the Maverick is cheaper when it eventually arrives.
I bet you’ll come in just under $30K with AWD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, price wise if folks are correct the Santa Cruz is really a competitor for the Ridgeline/Ranger/Tacoma mid size trucks. Which is sort of disappointing to me. I was hoping it would be smaller. Those trucks are all too big.
Just sold my Colorado in preparation for the Santa Cruz...

SC: 195" long
Colorado: 212" long
Ridgeline: 210" long

The SC is a category buster so crosshopping may be limited. I see the Rigeline as it's most direct competitor, maybe the Maverick. All the others are "Trucks"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah. I'm a ways out from a purchase. But the vehicles I'm considering at the moment are the Ridgline, the Santa Cruz, and the Maverick. Obviously I have to wait for two of those to actually get here. I had a Ranger back in the 90s that I loved. It was just the right size. Honestly, the most attractive thing to me about the Maverick is that it looks to be small. But, I have been really impressed with every Hyundai I've ever been in. Even the budget models are well done. I had a rental Kona. Base trim (SE?), no options, 2WD. Even that was a great little vehicle and it retails for less than $21,000. So, the Santa Cruz made the list.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bet you’ll come in just under $30K with AWD.
And looking at other models, the Sonata for instance... The "N" adds the big engine and 8 speed DCT plus some other stuff for approx. $5K,
Putting the SC SEL Premium with similar powertrain upgrade at about $35K...This assumes SEL AWD at about $30K. I'm game at that number.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh, the Sonata! Check the milage on the Sonata Hybrid Blue it is 50/54. That is a full sized sedan and it gets 54 miles to the gallon on the highway. I guess that is what aerodynamics can do for you. I'd love to see a Santa Cruz Hybrid Blue with mileage numbers like that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Ridgeline starts at $37k, so I only see it competing with SC in very top level trims.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just sold my Colorado in preparation for the Santa Cruz...
I just sold my Frontier last week too, to make room for either the Santa Cruz or the Maverick. First time in my adult life I've been without a truck. Now it all comes down to price and specs to determine whether I get the Ford or the Hyundai. Hyundai has a clear edge right now, but that could change once I can price-compare the AWD versions of both models.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You may be waiting a while to get an official look at the Maverick. Ford just announced a shut down a thte plant in Mexico that is slated to produce it. Chip shortage. Since they have not officially acknowledged it exists yet, I would imagine the chips they can get will go into producing the Bronco Sport and Escape. Those models are built at the same plant.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can bet there are bean-counters, head-scratchers, and other folks with centuries of accumulated wisdom in vehicle-sales that are waiting for the wheels of some giant AI algorithm to grind out the final pricing numbers, ala Wheel of Fortune!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Depressingly, I just read an article on Jalopnick about how the chip shortage lead GM to figure out that they should be focused on vehicles that make them more money and not on volume sales of low margin vehicles. Hyundai generally seems to have the opposite approach (I'm talking about you $27,000 Sonata Hybrid Blue). But "trucks" are generally higher margin vehicles. So, I'm still curious how the pricing will shake out for the Santa Cruz.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts