Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, Hyundai has been on a roll lately and this Super Bowl 2019 ad had to be one of my favorites. They flawlessly weaved in Hyundai Shopper Assurance all without making everyone falling asleep. Its one of the few commercials that really stuck and will have me finally use the HSA experience.

·
Registered
43 Posts
One of the best car ads I've seen from recent memory. Not surprised that they are showcasing the new upcoming Palisade, that's looking to be a big market disruptor.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Both the Palisade and the Telluride are looking like excellent additions to the segment. Very original and clever marketing and one of the better ads from the Super Bowl.

·
Registered
56 Posts
A lot of automakers are changing up the traditional dealership model of selling cars. More and more people are becoming accustom to doing all their shopping online and you can see how many people purchase new EV's sight unseen.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Subscription services are growing in popularity as well, though I know Hyundai ended the only one they had for the Ioniq. They should revisit it however, because its a welcomed alternative to leasing.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Subscription services are growing in popularity as well, though I know Hyundai ended the only one they had for the Ioniq. They should revisit it however, because its a welcomed alternative to leasing.
Its just another form of "luxury" which here comes in the form of having the latest shiny toys.
My belief is older customer demographics well established in their careers will make up the bulk of buyers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Many are just looking for alternatives to crossovers and SUV's, which dominate the roadways. You can get similar levels of utility from a midsize pickup, and their new high gear transmissions yield some really impressive fuel economy numbers. Depending on the equipment/kit you choose you can also get something that's similar to what you'd find in the premium segment.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what i realized even before the current decade we're in. Actually, once the Sierra started getting luxurious and the F-150 got harley package, it was an early sign of the times.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A moderately equipped new full size pickup is going to run you around $60k. Even the new Ranger with some added equipment is far from an 'affordable pickup'. There is a demand here for something more approachable that Hyundai can easily fill.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think their approach on making this an adventure vehicle is a good move as seen with the original concept.
The bed functions go a long way to build on what pickups are known for but here in a new way.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Would be neat if they also managed to incorporate some extra bed storage like Ram has done with their side boxes. Even if the bed is shorter than what some would like, there are some other ways they can look to increase its utility.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hyundai has the potential to try a lot of thing and the industry has a lot of examples. RAM boxes being one and even the unique multi-functional tailgate that GM has combined in one package might result in the perfect box. Do you think Hyundai might be up to task for that?

·
Registered
42 Posts
For their first foray into this market, its better for them to keep things simple imo. Ram has seen huge production delays as a result of those boxes and these new multi purpose tailgates have been prone to issues and recalls.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just looking at ho much money they're already throwing around, I think here it would be wise to directly rival on features that people are proving they want. Its better than what's happening over at Genesis which is the launch of sedans in a dying sedan market.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That will change with electrification or even a hike in the price of gasoline. Many automakers are starting to consider car based crossovers, so the platforms are essentially identical.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That gasoline part might only be influence by politics and not by supply because there's a record breaking number of barrels being discovered, and that's just what the oil companies are willing to disclose publically.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Changes in the price of gasoline will not be a matter of supply. The transition to electrics is inevitable and the big gas companies are going to try and capitalize on the time that they have left. Its going to be up to governments to determine when ICE's become banned outright.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think it will be taxes that people have to pay for driving a gasoline vehicle will discourage them. At that time gas should be cheaper to the point if someone has an ICE car they really like, the trade off in cheaper fuel to the tax slaps might be worth it. Not for the average person though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For anyone who hasn't realized... its carbon-tax.

If it hasn't rolled out near you yet, expect it soon. Not only should it impact us at the pump but in every way that "dirty" traditional means play into our lives.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For anyone who hasn't realized... its carbon-tax.

If it hasn't rolled out near you yet, expect it soon. Not only should it impact us at the pump but in every way that "dirty" traditional means play into our lives.
rolling it out has been the problem and won't be something we should be too concerned about
good for us that rely on older cars built 10-15 years ago like myself.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts