Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start a discussion on current Hyundai special offers. Last month they had a 1.9% financing and $500 off. Does anyone know what the current offers are?

·
Registered
724 Posts
The programs I was aware of were 1.9% 5yr or a 2.5% 5yr with $500 cash back. Those were set to end on September 7, 2021.

I would also like to know if these two finance programs got extended and/or what other programs started on September 8, 2021?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is what the dealer told me today for what they are offering. "They are offering $500 with a 3.5 up to 60 and a 4.5 for 72. Otherwise they are doing 1.9 up to 60 and a 2.9 for a 72." I am think about taking the $500 with 3.5 and immediately refinancing with my credit union.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Here is what the dealer told me today for what they are offering. "They are offering $500 with a 3.5 up to 60 and a 4.5 for 72. Otherwise they are doing 1.9 up to 60 and a 2.9 for a 72." I am think about taking the $500 with 3.5 and immediately refinancing with my credit union.
Interesting they would up the percentage rate a point. Not sure that's the direction bonds will be going with the end of PUA and the like.

Anyway, make sure the fine print doesn't have a pre-payment penalty.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Interesting they would up the percentage rate a point. Not sure that's the direction bonds will be going with the end of PUA and the like.

Anyway, make sure the fine print doesn't have a pre-payment penalty.
I did the 3.5% 72mo. w/$500 before Labor Day. The Hyundai Motor Credit Loans do not have any prepayment penalty. I'm going to wait until after I make my first payment, and then I'm going to go to my credit union, Navy Federal, and refinance. If the rates stay the same, they are currently 2.19% for 60mo. and 2.29 fo 72mo. And they've been running a promotion giving a $200 refinancing bonus.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I did the 3.5% 72mo. w/$500 before Labor Day. The Hyundai Motor Credit Loans do not have any prepayment penalty. I'm going to wait until after I make my first payment, and then I'm going to go to my credit union, Navy Federal, and refinance. If the rates stay the same, they are currently 2.19% for 60mo. and 2.29 fo 72mo. And they've been running a promotion giving a $200 refinancing bonus.
My brother is negotiating for a CS now with a dealer. He's down to about $600 over MSRP, but must finance with Hyundai Finance and not pay off the loan during the first 3 months. My brother will never pay over MSRP, so the +$600 is already a deal killer. But I find the dealers 3 month comment interesting. If there is no prepayment penalty, then how can the dealer put a no loan payoff for the first 3 months stipulation into the deal? If it's not in the "fine print" somewhere, it seems to me he could pay it off just like you plan to and there is nothing the dealer can do about it after the fact. 🤔

·
Registered
115 Posts
My brother is negotiating for a CS now with a dealer. He's down to about $600 over MSRP, but must finance with Hyundai Finance and not pay off the loan during the first 3 months. My brother will never pay over MSRP, so the +$600 is already a deal killer. But I find the dealers 3 month comment interesting. If there is no prepayment penalty, then how can the dealer put a no loan payoff for the first 3 months stipulation into the deal? If it's not in the "fine print" somewhere, it seems to me he could pay it off just like you plan to and there is nothing the dealer can do about it after the fact. 🤔
I was once told that the dealership gets a kickback on those finance bonuses, but if the buyer immediately refinances, the manufacturer won't payout the kickback to the dealer. So the finance guys will try to scare the buyer by telling them they can't finance for 3 months because it gives time for the loan to settle with Hyundai and for the manufacturer to process the kickback dollars to the dealership. But there it's a simple interest loan with no pre-payment penalty and you can refinance it or pay it off completely as soon as you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got 1.9 @ 60 on my SEL Premium this weekend. Had to ask for it though. F&I came to me with 2.89 @ 72 through Bank of America first, no mention of Hyundai Financial. I was like…uh…don’t I qualify for 1.9 through Hyundai? Guess they really wanted that extra $1600 in interest.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got 1.9 @ 60 on my SEL Premium this weekend. Had to ask for it though. F&I came to me with 2.89 @ 72 through Bank of America first, no mention of Hyundai Financial. I was like…uh…don’t I qualify for 1.9 through Hyundai? Guess they really wanted that extra $1600 in interest.
Always remember, the Finance people are not working for you. They work for the dealership, and the dealership and Finance Managers get kickbacks and bonuses for pushing certain banks that they work with, and they won't always offer you the best rate if its not in their best interest.

Good for you for being informed and knowing to ask about Hyundai's offerings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Always remember, the Finance people are not working for you. They work for the dealership, and the dealership and Finance Managers get kickbacks and bonuses for pushing certain banks that they work with, and they won't always offer you the best rate if its not in their best interest.

Good for you for being informed and knowing to ask about Hyundai's offerings.
Yep. I made sure I knew what Hyundai was offering. She initially told me the 2.9 at Bank of America was the lowest rate and I knew that wasn’t true. That was the only thing I didn’t care for with the dealer, otherwise they were fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts