Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of praise, especially for best-in-industry cooled seats, but man that gloss black infotainment/climate area always looks so dirty after 15 seconds of use.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Confirmed how the "diffuse" function for the air vents works - brilliant (y)

Piano black center console and HVAC controls = good for making the screen blend into the vehicle seamlessly, BUT bad for dust and finger prints. The auto HVAC setting is going to be very helpful - just set it and forget it so your not touching that panel constantly. Maybe they will offer a Hyundai branded microfiber cloth with your purchase :p

·
Registered
724 Posts
Confirms 2 memory seat settings on the Limited. (y)

Oh my, that dirty wipe marked and dust specked center screen! I actually like "Piano Black" trim (that was an upgrade on my last Mini), but that flat screen itself covered in water spots, dust and likely fingerprints form daily use. :oops:

Are those kids even old enough to drive? :LOL: Darn, I'm getting old...

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
861 Posts
I actually prefer the look of the lower trim center stack - with the knobs! But I see where they lifted the physical shifter for the SC from there too.

Capacitive buttons are a HORRIBLE idea in cold climates. When it's -30/-40 out here in the winter ... I'm leaving my bleemin' gloves on until the interior heats up! Even with a heated steering wheel. Gloves and capacitive buttons do not get along well ... ask anyone trying to use their phone with gloves on. Physical buttons are still king on the dash IMO. We can disagree, but you'll never convince me otherwise. (Not to mention the lack of tactile feedback for adjusting things without having to look away from the road.)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my, that dirty wipe marked and dust specked center screen! I actually like "Piano Black" trim (that was an upgrade on my last Mini), but that flat screen itself covered in water spots, dust and likely fingerprints form daily use. :oops:

Are those kids even old enough to drive? :LOL: Darn, I'm getting old...
Those kids have kids. ;)

·
Registered
896 Posts
Confirms 2 memory seat settings on the Limited. (y)
Are we sure? I believe the SC's door panels are different or maybe the SC videos we've seen aren't of the Limited because those buttons were missing :oops: I said in another thread that I assume memory seats must be in this vehicle given all the tech but no way to confirm it yet. I gotta have memory seats since my wife and I share 3 different cars.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hope he wasn't basing that on the pre-production in front of him. I can't imagine a "LIMITED" model without it. :(

Guess you'll have to wait for the LIMITED PREMIUM. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Showroom Live guy confirmed no memory seats on the Santa Cruz this morning...
(n):mad::poop:

I wonder if this is something that will get changed during a mid-model refresh in 2-3 years because its a major oversight to me, especially since the Tuscon already has it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
(n):mad::poop:

I wonder if this is something that will get changed during a mid-model refresh in 2-3 years because its a major oversight to me, especially since the Tuscon already has it.
I hope its just an omission of the 2 position per driver memory seats. What else is the user profiles on the center console used for other than seating position?

·
Registered
896 Posts
What else is the user profiles on the center console used for other than seating position?
If its anything like my other two vehicles this is for preferences like how many times the horn chrips when the doors locks, how long the auto lights stay on after the car is shut off or displaying things in metric vs US. It might even change lame stuff like the infotainment background pattern or color. I guess its possible they put the seat memory in there but my confidence on that is very low.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Showroom Live guy confirmed no memory seats on the Santa Cruz this morning...
Hope he wasn't basing that on the pre-production in front of him. ...
He seemed to have an off-camera 'fact checker' doing quick research for him a couple of times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Showroom Live guy confirmed no memory in seats on the Santa Cruz this morning...
That … is very close to a deal breaker. My wife and I swap driving all the time. I really hope they put it in the infotainment or driver monitoring function. Repositioning a multi-axis power seat every time you drive is just annoying. The Outback does it with facial recognition on the upper trims, and you STILL have physical memory buttons in case you find that too creepy.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The Tuscon is on Hyundai's 'Showroom Live' today, not the Santa Cruz. Interior very similar to Santa Cruz. The host was unable to give any info on the SC except that he thought it would be on the Showroom Live in July. He mentioned a schedule for these shows (but I couldn't find it anywhere). I got the impression that it was pretty flexible and short term.

Showroom Live will be back after their lunch break, at 2:00pm Eastern.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Host said that Santa Cruz had been scheduled to be on today's show, but Tuscon was substituted. SC may be on July 1st instead (but the 'show schedule is not available yet'.)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Host said that Santa Cruz had been scheduled to be on today's show, but Tuscon was substituted. SC may be on July 1st instead (but the 'show schedule is not available yet'.)
They're probably tired of getting harassed by potential SC buyers asking ridiculous questions like, 'how much will it cost? when will it be in dealerships? what's included on the various trim levels exactly?...'

:p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts