1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fleet sales have become a crucial part of Hyundai's business strategy but its good to hear that they will be shifting more to retail. Newer models like the Kona and upcoming Palisade should bring a lot of interest to their crossovers, which can hopefully translate over to new models like the Santa Cruz for release.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think the main issue the Santa Cruz will face, is that by coming late to market there's a good chance that people may have already purchased one of the many new mid size models like the Ranger or Gladiator. They should at least start sharing some tidbits of information to keep buyers interested.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think the main issue the Santa Cruz will face, is that by coming late to market there's a good chance that people may have already purchased one of the many new mid size models like the Ranger or Gladiator. They should at least start sharing some tidbits of information to keep buyers interested.
RAM has proven that with new innovations they can win a segment of buyers, even GM with the carbon fiber bed and innovative tailgate.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't buy into the first generation of anything from FCA. Just look at some of the issues new owners of the JL have come across. The Ranger is looking like a great new mid size however and what they have managed to produce with a 4 cylinder is amazing. Having sat inside one however, I will tell you that rear passenger space is extremely lacking.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think it comes down to doing your research and finding out what can make it reliable/unreliable. GM brought over a few european vehicles in recent years and those are the only GM products i'd buy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been seeing some first drive/impression videos of the new Ranger and have heard some concerning things. Mainly the front end floats around a lot and there is some unexpected pitch. Seems like there is a lack of feel in the steering.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I have been seeing some first drive/impression videos of the new Ranger and have heard some concerning things. Mainly the front end floats around a lot and there is some unexpected pitch. Seems like there is a lack of feel in the steering.
it confirms early concerns that the "new" Ranger will be here to test the waters for a couple of years till the new one is ready
smart move IMO as it gets pickup guys to not buy at Toyota, Chevrolet or even Nissan for that matter

·
Registered
43 Posts
I find that surprising as they T6 platform has been around for nearly a decade overseas. Could the changes that were made specifically for NA brought about these new problems? Bodes well for the Santa Cruz if problems like that become widely reported.

·
Registered
728 Posts
It seems to me that any automaker these days is not immune to problems with how complex components and their overall systems are getting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Since this version of the Ranger was originally designed for a much different market, it could mean some shortcomings. I would imagine it wont take more than a year or so until we see a full redesign and platform.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Its possible and might be worth testing the market for the real Ranger. Once that real Ranger is out, people will forget about this one. Some Ford guys I know are avoiding it entirely, buying a product that's here for 2-3 years is rarely a good idea.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They limited the amount of people that will be interested in it in NA with just the one engine option. Until it has a capable V6, there wont be anyone downsizing from the F150. Still impressive numbers from a four cylinder nonetheless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts