Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai's N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo has been unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor show and it looks beastly in the best way. The Halo car is speculated to have around 871 horsepower. I will be so happy if the production N models has even a fraction of that horsepower.

Here's a video of it's development process and the vision behind it:

Rumored to be one of the first models to receive an N badge version is the Hyundai i30 as it's prototype has already been spotted months ago. Maybe we'll see the hydrogen fuel cell-based setup from the N Vision model in Hyundai's future N models.

Here's a few close up pictures of the N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo. I do hope the frontal air vent makes it's way onto a production model.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That engine may be overpowered for general street legal cars but what if they put it into a truck like the Santa Cruz?

·
Registered
729 Posts
That engine may be overpowered for general street legal cars but what if they put it into a truck like the Santa Cruz?
It's not like it would actually happen anyways, I highly doubt they'll go that direction with it... or at least not any time soon.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm thinking the first N Performance vehicle will be a variant of the Genesis. Would you guys agree with that?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wouldn't be surprised if the first one with a few of the concept ideas is a coupe. The N performance line is supposed to be sporty and powerful so why not start off strong?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm thinking the first N Performance vehicle will be a variant of the Genesis. Would you guys agree with that?
That would be an easy way to bring something to market that will have a great impact but they might also use it as an opportunity to bring out something new. Just not sure if they're ready for that just yet.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Why don't you think they're ready?
Establishing more volume products and strengthening current volume products seem more important to me, at least for now. And aside from this Vision Gran Turismo I haven't seen anything concrete on what the future could hold.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well they say N performance is coming. And they are concurrently building more CUVs. So I think those two strains are basically what they are concentrating on right now.

·
Registered
729 Posts
that sure does begin to connect the dots into what can eventaually happen, it's developments like that which should be followed, in them we could find out our answers.

·
Registered
385 Posts
If all of the German brands end up getting hit in some way with this whole thing that is going on with diesels, I think it opens up a huge opportunity for the Koreans to make a move to become a more top of the line brand. The Germans, Americans and Japanese have each had their time in the sun. It might be the Korean's turn.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Maybe but I have the feeling that might not be the case, German vehicles hold a good portion of the market and have passionate customers that go to some of those brands and only to those brands.

·
Registered
385 Posts
A performance brand would naturally lead to participating in some racing series. It's possible that Hyundai would join in a bit later.

As far as the exodus of German customers, I just believe that the German brands will lose customers from this. Maybe those customers will go to other a German brands, but there will be a battle over them and Hyundai looks really good right now.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Being involved in something that could have a trickle down effect into production vehicles is what i'd like to see, great way to field test.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not mass exodus of German customers, just VW customers. Now is the time for Hyundai to come out with new innovative vehicles because VW is "putting all planned investments under review. What isn’t essential will be scrapped or postponed.” This may apply to other brands under the VW as well.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Not mass exodus of German customers, just VW customers. Now is the time for Hyundai to come out with new innovative vehicles because VW is "putting all planned investments under review. What isn’t essential will be scrapped or postponed.” This may apply to other brands under the VW as well.
VW not coming out with a number of new products will be a great opportunity for other automakers. Wonder which products won't be coming out. Anyone know?

·
Registered
729 Posts
That's something I can see other brands currently in good standing trying to take advantage of, but with us having not seen anything yet, I have a feeling some brands don't care about it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Some brands like Jaguar will just go abut business as usual and continue on with their diesel plans. Not sure if they'll rush in to fill the VW void.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts