Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hyundai will debut its new N sub-brand of performance vehicles at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show in September.

Hyundai's entry into the performance world will start with the unveiling of Hyundai's Vision Gran Turismo Concept. The concept won't get to production or anything, but it will act as a teaser for the N sub-brand.

Along with the Gran Turismo Concept, Hyundai will also be showing off an early version of the World Rally Championship race car based on the i20.

Finally, Hyundai's RM15 Concept will be on display. This vehicle is a mid-engine Veloster with a 296 hp 2.0-liter engine.

All the vehicles will be on display at the Frankfurt Motor Show on Tuesday, September 15th.

·
Registered
728 Posts
That's just crazy, 5-10 years ago who would have thought Hyundai would step to this level.

Looking at their overall efforts it sure seems like they're on track to eventually coming out with a supercar, something along the lines of an NSX rival will serve them well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can't wait to see what they have lined up for the N sub brand! If this is their concept car I can't even imagine what the actual production cars will look like.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm excited to see the real life version of the Vision Concept. I wonder if it would sell well if they made a supercar though. I think they might want to start with something a little more attainable first and then ratchet things up from there.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm excited to see the real life version of the Vision Concept. I wonder if it would sell well if they made a supercar though. I think they might want to start with something a little more attainable first and then ratchet things up from there.
Not in its exact form but we're more than likely to see design cues from it on a production supercar.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hyundai's i20 WRC race car will make an appearance in Frankfurt. I'm curious as to what it'll look like uncovered.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bet the Gran Turismo concept won't even actually drive. I think that it is more of a design exercise then the actual performance heart of the new sub-brand.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perhaps a form of it, but I don't think that it will be the exact thing that is offered to the public.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought I would post in this thread because Hyundai has released some more teaser images of the N2025 Vision Gran Turismo.

We will know more next week when the concept will debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show where Bugatti will also bring its own concept and both of them are destined to reach the PS3-exclusive Gran Turismo 6 video game very soon as free downloadable content.

Hyundai shows more of the N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo in new teaser

·
Registered
728 Posts
It's already taking on the direction in supercar/hypercar design we've been seeing which is a ****pit/cabin that more well defined from the exterior, much like what was done to the Ford GT.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do any of you guys own Gran Turismo 6? Just wondering if any of us will get to virtually drive this exciting concept car.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Might as well give it a go, not all of us can afford a supercar/hypercar ;)
I mean this vehicle isn't even going to be on sale at all, but I do think that it will be interesting to see what kind of halo car Hyundai comes up with that is derived from this.

·
Registered
728 Posts
What I can see potential for is something from them that rivals the NSX, Audi R8 and any others in that segment... great entry point.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You think they would aim that high right off the bat? Maybe a cheaper version but still competing with those?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think they will go with something that would be more of a competitor to the BMW M4. Fast, but more of a sedan than a supercar.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts