Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light came on as I was driving on the highway then a message flashes quickly on my dashboard and the car stopped moving. After trying to figure out what’s going on with my car I pressed the SOS button for help. I told them that my check engine light came on and that my car was struck after talking with the dispatcher my shifted my car in gear and lucky me I was able to make it home safely Thank God. The next day I add a quart of transmission fluid to my Transmission and the light turned off. Thinking that the problem was fixed I was happy once again taking my car out for a short ride to Sam’s Club only to be struck again this time my car didn’t move @ all. Once again the check engine light came on again. Pressed the SOS button for help waited a little pass 3 hours waiting for a tow truck to get my car and have it towed to the dealership by this time it was close to 9 PM waited till the next morning to get a call telling me there was a recall on the transmission sensor and something else which they supposedly fixed and I wouldn’t have any other problems. I wasn’t easily convinced. So I drove my car out of the dealership praying that it was fixed.sure enough it wasn’t I drove my[ car about 3 miles and once again the check engine light comes on again. We took it back to the dealer which it was Saturday we had to leave it supposedly until Monday they call me to tell me that they have to replace the transmission that other Santa Cruz owners was having the same problem and t’hey wanted to make sure that I wouldn’t have any more problems. So long story is that I’m now waiting to hear from them again.

· Registered
2022 SEL Sage Gray (non turbo)
375 Posts
Turbo/DCT or NA/Automatic?
^^^ WHAT HE SAID

This is a pet peeve of mine! Here’s why every member needs to add a vehicle description somewhere in their profile. I’ve been on many car/truck forums where the 2nd post is, “What model do you have?”

Now to go pop some popcorn and wait for the next episode…..

Gusto!

· Registered
22 SC Limited • Hampton Gray
502 Posts
F.mona, I’m curious, your post mentioned you added a quart of trans fluid? I’ve thought about checking and adding fluid if needed, I’d like to hear more about that.

· Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate in white.
23 Posts
[Pasting from another thread that I posted on earlier today.] Ultimate 2.5T DCT

This complete lack of acceleration happened to me in Normal Mode on the highway last week (nothing to do with paddles or moving the shifter to “manual”). The engine kept shuddering and couldn’t accelerate, plus the check engine light came on. I had to drive the last 45 minutes home at about 80 kmh. Brought it to the dealer and they said it was a known software issue and claimed that the problem was fixed.
WRONG! On my way out to Toronto today for,the long weekend the exact same thing happened at highway speed and for fear that I’d damage the engine if I kept driving I had to turn back home.
my dealer is closed on Saturdays and because of Labour Day I won’t be able to bring the vehicle in until Tuesday. My confidence in Hyundai is very rapidly dwindling.
I saw that there’s a law firm in the US investigating a possible class action for the exact problem I’m having. In 45 years of vehicle ownership I’ve been lucky enough to never get a lemon. It looks like my luck may have changed.

· Registered
263 Posts
I agree this will be going on for a long time. I'm not sure if we know yet or not, but I am guessing they will only replace the transmission with failed HP pumps. That means until your pump actually fails you will just be driving it and hoping, with at least a limp mode to get it off the road.

· Registered
1 Posts
Yeah - more and more people every day are becoming believers. I think it is still pretty rare but it does not promote confidence overall. Good luck.
I had 4 Hyundai’s before my Santa Cruz Limited. I like a small truck and the high end tech. It was a perfect fit for me. I sold my old Ford Ranger and my Santa Fe Sport cause the Cruz did everything (truck bed for gas cans, towing trailer as needed for mower or golf cart). Then my transmission acted up a little. Diagnostic required replacing it. Dealer put me in a loaner, ‘22 Santa Fe. I am pleased with that. I’m pretty sure this will take months because Hyundai will send out recall letters for the 8 speed Dual Clutch transmission which is in other models of Hyundai & maybe som KIAs. It’s good to know they’ve isolated the problem to an oil pump in or for the transmission. However, Hyundai is at the mercy of the broken supply chain just like everyone else.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts