Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
2023 Santa Cruz Limited Sage-Grey w/Dark Grey Interior
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit on one coming into the dealer. I've been waiting over 3 weeks. So, it came in yesterday and I went to get it. It was all prepped and ready and we had already made a deal (agreed price). I first wanted to take a test drive (of course). It was DRAGGING... Not much pickup at all; not like some SEL Premiums I drove. I wanted to make sure I wasn't nuts, so the only other one in was an SEL Premium (to compare the ride). Night and day. The salesman drove it too and said there was something wrong. So they are taking it into the shop tomorrow to have it checked out.
Could this be the new programing (recall) on the 8T ? This may sound ridiculous, but it has me wondering if they accidently put the base engine in this one !
I am really bummed. What do you think ?

· Registered
23' AWD Atlas White SEL w / Activity Pack & Hitch
43 Posts
Keep us posted on what was found to be the problem!

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dealer called back and said their best technician looked at it and found no problem. I asked if he checked to see if the transmission software was updated or not. Waiting for them to get back to me.

· Registered
216 Posts
Don't SETTLE for sub par on a new SC.
The SEL PREMIUM has balls, and if you're not getting put back in the seat and FEELING some decent power outta this lil UTE, then tell them NO dice..
Tell them you want the tech to compare it to another one or a limited model. With the same power train, it should be pretty clear.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The SEL PREMIUM has balls, and if you're not getting put back in the seat and FEELING some decent power outta this lil UTE, then tell them NO dice..
Tell them you want the tech to compare it to another one or a limited model. With the same power train, it should be pretty clear.
The salesman drove both too and agrees with me. Unfortunately, there are no other Limiteds available. The SEL comparison was my idea. They only had 1 or 2 of those. I asked the to check the software update on it to see if it is the new one or old. Even the sales manager drove it.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah. There should be no difference except the extra bells, whistles and leather. They should drive the same. Only thing I can think of is the tranny is the culprit.

· Registered
23' AWD Atlas White SEL w / Activity Pack & Hitch
43 Posts
Since you haven't bought it yet - listen to MaineMan's advice - either walk - (and this is my opinion) OR settle for an AWD SEL SC with - or without the Activity Pack. The SE or SEL will have the 8 speed torque convertor transmission. I bought a 2022 Santa Fe Limited. 2.5T, with the DCT in 11/1/2021. Probably the best, most high tech car we have ever owned. On 08/02/22 with only 5661 miles the DCT quit with my wife while pulling out onto a highway Car was towed by Hyundai. While we were waiting for a transmission (that never arrived) and driving an Enterprise rental on Hyundai's dime - Hyundai agreed to buy-it back due to extended delay in getting transmission from Korea. We had decided we wanted another Santa Fe - just not another one with the DCT. We stepped down to the SEL model with Convenience Package (as I recall). It is kind of like the Activity Pack for the SC. I am not going to lie to you, I still miss the turbo on the 2.5L engine and the leather seats! I like the torque convertor transmission on the SEL as good if not better than the DCT (before it died). So you have a decision to make. Even if you do decide to get a Limited, there are thousands on the road today with no reported problems. And, Hyundai is working at resolving this problem in all the models that offer this transmission. While at the dealership, I made the mistake of taking a test ride in a Santa Cruz. I knew I had to have one of these!

Reactions: Stuzys and MaineMan
1 - 20 of 60 Posts