Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

In transit, now what?

4K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  PK 62 
#1 ·
So my Santa Cruz is in transit. It should be here on Sunday but I probably won't be able to pick it up until the following weekend. What do I do to pass the time until then?

#5 ·
it's kind of like a waiting room (Labor and Delivery) some of us waited for 6 yrs for this thing. I think the original photo's I saw it was a king cab instead of a 4 door crew and it was based on the Santa Fe. As you wait welcome.
Enjoy some of the purchase stories and the additional tid bits of stories of ownership.
And sharing that bundle of joy with the group. Pass out the proverbial cigar.
The conversations are good. The people here are great. And the Santa Cruz is awesome.
Welcome to the party Cruz.

#10 ·
If you go to Hyundai's website, you can view inventory and if the vehicle is in transit. When I put my deposit down, the website showed it was in transit and the dealer could see that it was in port waiting for shipment. I just sent my dealer a text and they told me it had shipped from the port and had an arrival date.

#25 ·
well just got off the phone with the dealership and made sure I spoke to the sales mgr this time. Car is now showing a delivery date of 12/28. I did research last night and here is what I found. on 10/08 every dealership in NH was assigned a LIMITED VIN (mine included). my car was finished and in PORT waiting transit the end of Oct/First week of Nov. Was expected on 11/7. Dealership talked to distribution and they reported nothing wrong with vehicle, just waiting transport. WTF. Every other limited on the list for NH has been delivered and sold. Heck there are VINs posted from a week ago that now have the same delivery date as the one I have the VIN for.
The only reason I haven't gone to another dealership is just about every other one is charging a markup and the dealership I went through isn't. Just frustrated know the vehicle is sitting in Alabama for 5 weeks now and I still (if you trust the ETA) am three weeks away still. Congrats to everyone whose getting their vehicles in a timely fashion. funny thing is as a "reservation holder" the original car I "asked for" during that whole fiasco, was never built of shipped locally. sorry had to vent, thanks for listening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.