Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I found it strange that there's an embargo on not reviewing this amazing vehicle. But why? Doesn't hyundai want free advertising? Or is it an inventory thing?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found it strange that there's an embargo on not reviewing this amazing vehicle. But why? Doesn't hyundai want free advertising? Or is it an inventory thing?
That’s my best guess. They want to try to minimize consumer frustration by waiting for more models to be produced before allowing full reviews.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
They could minimize consumer frustration by simply telling the consumer's what's going on, instead of being all secretive. I respect open answers, even if they're not what I want to hear. Not a fan of playing games. I mean, they STILL don't have pricing up on their Canadian website! LOL How can their marketing fail THAT spectacularly on something that takes a whole 5 minutes to update??

·
Registered
153 Posts
So, I know the New Nissan Frontier Review Embargo also ends 8/10. They likely want to steal their thunder.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
So, I know the New Nissan Frontier Review Embargo also ends 8/10. They likely want to steal their thunder.
They're not going to steal much thunder. Frontier buyers may have SOME overlap with folks thinking of a Santa Cruz, but not a ton, I'm sure ... then again, Hyundai says it's not a truck, so why try to steal truck thunder? The main thunder they have to combat is the Maverick's ... and they've been doing a horrible job at it, even if the Mav won't be in people's driveways for several more months. Also read this - 40-mpg Ford Maverick hybrid pickup will be in tight supply, Escape Hybrid is now widely available (greencarreports.com) Wonder how many will hold out for the "40mpg" they've been raving about, and how many actually want it regardless of the powertrain. (I also love how many times I read about 40mpg in the same line with 4k towing ... but nobody points out that you can't have both at the same time.)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
And we can't even build one in the website yet, even though they're already hitting dealer lots!
I was frustrated with this until I realized you don't need a build site due to the limited options offered on the SC. You pick a trim, FWD or AWD, exterior color and interior color, that's it... and the website lists all of this. There is only one package, the SEL Activity with all the other accessories (eventually becoming) available from your local dealer.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I was frustrated with this until I realized you don't need a build site due to the limited options offered on the SC. You pick a trim, FWD or AWD, exterior color and interior color, that's it... and the website lists all of this. There is only one package, the SEL Activity with all the other accessories (eventually becoming) available from your local dealer.
Build and Price will be available as we go forward. Typical for a new vehicle with 4 basic trims which are "locked" for now. Once inventory improves and there are many trim levels with options, the build will be turned on... basically it is a filter/selection form.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Can't remember looking forward to an embargo to be over more in my life. I am going to be worthless tomorrow after all the drive reviews are released. Less than 24hrs left. 🙂

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm tempering my expectations, as I doubt this initial wave of reviews will tell me all I need to know. Things like how it really handles off road, or towing, or can you actually haul an atv in the bed, and is the ride as nice as the Ridgeline, since they're both unibody design? Still, I will be watching every minute of footage!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
651 Posts
Redline review publishes their's pretty much the moment the embargo lifts, so I would assume midnight EST
and Sofyan would definitely go pedal to the metal on that turbo SC, we shall see if the AWD can help keep the power down without too much tire spinning

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice to see Hyundai finally putting some effort into marketing: several Instagram posts by individuals today about their experience test driving the Santa Cruz, the posts say "paid partnership with Hyundai". You can find them by searching the hashtag #HyundaiSantaCruz and #mysantacruzjourney.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone think that reviews will be up at 12:01 Am EST, 9pm PST?

If so, too bad these aren't sold in Australia!
🤔 Might be worth it to stay up tonight and see. There is probably some YT channels trying to get the jump on the others. Hoping Car and Driver, Motortrend, etc also have reviews tomorrow.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can't wait to hear more about lifestyle vehicle, sport adventure, brunk, designed in California and yes, the easter eggs!

But yeah, I'll be watching at 12:01 EST. Im a sucker for punishment. Lucky for me i'm in Vancouver. So, 9:01.

Hoping, wishing, praying that they will demo towing more than 1600lbs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Redline review publishes their's pretty much the moment the embargo lifts, so I would assume midnight EST
and Sofyan would definitely go pedal to the metal on that turbo SC, we shall see if the AWD can help keep the power down without too much tire spinning
Has to do a better job than the fwd only Sonata N-Line and Kia K5 GT. I have been watching with interest everything the Hyundai Motor Group has been putting this powertrain combo in. I am very impressed so far with the 2.5T and 8spd DCT, just hope it's a practical application in the SC.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Tempted to start watching at 11:01 tonight ... but I have to be up for work before 5am and I enjoy sleep. I know what I'm doing tomorrow night though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts