Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ask the people who actually know, the folks who do the installs - the tint installer and the dash cam installer.

• Sad
Reactions: Amorianir

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
772 Posts
install the dash cam AFTER the tint (and wait 5 days so the tint film can really dry and cure well)
the dash cam mount is 3M adhesive that sticks well to either glass or tint film, that's not the issue, the issue is the dash cam installed will get in the way of tinting and the tinter would have to take it off messing up the well calibrated position

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
install the dash cam AFTER the tint (and wait 5 days so the tint film can really dry and cure well)
the dash cam mount is 3M adhesive that sticks well to either glass or tint film, that's not the issue, the issue is the dash cam installed will get in the way of tinting and the tinter would have to take it off messing up the well calibrated position
Thank you. That makes sense. (y)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you have it done? (Hope you waited lol) how did it turn out? Which cam(s) did you go with? Going to be posting mine and install soon, curious what others are going with.
Haven't done it yet. I got the windshield clear tinted and needed to wait a week after that.

But I had a bunch of pre-op appointments followed by vocal cord surgery on the 16th, so haven't had a chance to get the installation done yet.

I'll be texting with the installer this week to set an appointment.

This is the cam I bought, one for my SC and one for my wife's F-150.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limited Phantom Black
30 Posts
Haven't done it yet. I got the windshield clear tinted and needed to wait a week after that.

But I had a bunch of pre-op appointments followed by vocal cord surgery on the 16th, so haven't had a chance to get the installation done yet.

I'll be texting with the installer this week to set an appointment.

This is the cam I bought, one for my SC and one for my wife's F-150.

Oh my god! Lmao, those are the same ones I bought for my SC and my wife’s ‘22 Santa Fe!! So far so good, hope your installs are as easy as mine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts