Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just took the morning to install my Access TonnoSport Bed cover. There are instructions specific to the Santa Cruz and once those instructions are followed you switch over to the general instructions for the last step which is installing and putting the finishing touches on the fitment of the bed cover once it is rolled into place and ready for snapping shut and velcroing down the line along the side rails. Once I finished up the bed cover there is an included bed mat which is like a lightweight interior carpet with a foam backing. There are several places where you would drill into the bed to install the snaps permanently. For those who do not like the idea of drilling 1/8 of an inch holes into a brand new bed there are self adhesive snaps included. All together the installs were fairly simple to follow instructions and where the instructions leave off you can pretty much see how the install is going and what the next step is. Good Luck!
Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive lighting Car Light
Building Rectangle Tints and shades Event Monochrome
Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood Automotive lighting Tire

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a link to where you purchased the cover? How much space is compromised if rolled all the way up?
It rolls up to the back of the rail where it comes down from the roof. It rolls up to about a 5 inch roll. So you lose some space there almost the same as you would if you had the factory hard cover. I suppose you might be able to kind of cram it in but it would be a lot of wear and tear doing it every time to maximize space. There are poles that go across to hold it up and the material thickness plus the poles would be difficult to push it behind the support that comes down. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
109 Posts
Even as a limited owner I thought this was good looking and I had to go search to find out more about it. So maybe I can save someone a Google.

Best I can find as a direct link to the product, if you go to accesscover.com you have to search by vehicle and then find the model. When I emptied my cart on their website I was taken to this agricover site which looks like the parent company:

Here is a reseller with the tonnosport for $299, I saw mentioned elsewhere in the forum.
. They also carry other covers in the Access line.

Summit Racing carries some of their product line at what looks like a discounted price, so more options could be coming soon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just took the morning to install my Access TonnoSport Bed cover. There are instructions specific to the Santa Cruz and once those instructions are followed you switch over to the general instructions for the last step which is installing and putting the finishing touches on the fitment of the bed cover once it is rolled into place and ready for snapping shut and velcroing down the line along the side rails. Once I finished up the bed cover there is an included bed mat which is like a lightweight interior carpet with a foam backing. There are several places where you would drill into the bed to install the snaps permanently. For those who do not like the idea of drilling 1/8 of an inch holes into a brand new bed there are self adhesive snaps included. All together the installs were fairly simple to follow instructions and where the instructions leave off you can pretty much see how the install is going and what the next step is. Good Luck! View attachment 4433 View attachment 4434 View attachment 4435
I have the same cover but I noticed that when your driving it lifts up,so I got 4 spring loaded barrel locks and 34 “ Velcro and now it stays down while driving. Hook the barrel locks to 2 cross bars to hold it down and Velcro to cross to hook to the top of cross bars. When rolling up just push the barrel locks and roll up. It really works great.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same cover but I noticed that when your driving it lifts up,so I got 4 spring loaded barrel locks and 34 “ Velcro and now it stays down while driving. Hook the barrel locks to 2 cross bars to hold it down and Velcro to cross to hook to the top of cross bars. When rolling up just push the barrel locks and roll up. It really works great.
I have noticed the lifting as well. Can you show a photo or two of your solution? Thx for responding!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have noticed the lifting as well. Can you show a photo or two of your solution? Thx for responding!when putting on the Velcro put on cross bar first then put the other side on the Velcro you already put on then remove the sticky side off and it will line up to the top just right and the barrel lock is spring loaded so you just push it in. You will need a small spacer between the lock and cross bar so it slides under the bar easily . Hope this works for you
Wood Office supplies Sleeve Material property Publication

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has anyone figure out how to stop the bubbling upwards when driving buy adjusting the tonneau cover tension, not adding more parts. So far the adjustment screws/know does tighten it enough.

I was wondering if moving the side rails forward just a tad, would do it.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the photos! I had an idea too... I just ordered buckles to snap into the buckles on top that hold the cover when rolled up and was thinking of running two straps over the cover and under the cover back to connect and give tension with the buckles inside to hold the cover down. I like your velcro ideas and will see how this idea pans out and will share the results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I’m quite the idiot when it comes to this stuff as it’s all very new to me lol how do you go about using the barrel locks? I would’ve assume you would but the part sticking out under the metal to keep the bars from raising while driving but I see in the pic you have it on top of the metal.
Also I’m curious if you’ve waterproofed or done something to keep most water out with the tonnosport? I keep worrying water is going to come through the front of the cover closest to the back window. I was thinking maybe getting a black pool noodle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts