Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
The OEM crossbars look exactly like the Thule crossbars posted by Oxonium; does anyone know if they are made by Thule? I wanted to get the Hullavator Kayak carrier as well but wanted to be sure they would fit on the OEM crossbars which are more than half the price.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz AWD SEL with adventure package
10 Posts
The rails have a good amount of curvature, so this is about as flat as I could get and still meet Thule’s spacing recommendation. From where the rail meets the black plastic to the foot of the left crossbar is 8 inches. From the foot of the left cross bar to the foot of the right crossbar is 27.5 inches per Thule (~22.25 between the two crossbar feet or 35.5 from the black plastic).

View attachment 2237

Where did you read about the 8 inches from where the flush bar meets the black plastic? I'm assuming this is the black plastic on the rear of the flush rails?

I had this installed by my local outfitter today but we couldnt find where it said to mount. Only that they need to be 700 mm apart.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Where did you read about the 8 inches from where the flush bar meets the black plastic? I'm assuming this is the black plastic on the rear of the flush rails?

I had this installed by my local outfitter today but we couldnt find where it said to mount. Only that they need to be 700 mm apart.
It’s not written anywhere. Like I said, because the rails are curved, that position was about as flat as I could get for the crossbars while still maintaining the 27.5 inch (700 mm) spacing recommended by Thule.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz AWD SEL with adventure package
10 Posts
It’s not written anywhere. Like I said, because the rails are curved, that position was about as flat as I could get for the crossbars while still maintaining the 27.5 inch (700 mm) spacing recommended by Thule.
Oh. Sorry, I misread that! I just measured where we put it and it is about 8.5 - 9 inches off the back so were in the same ballpark. That makes me feel a little better about the selection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
21 - 26 of 26 Posts