Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually got the call from their chosen dealership?

I couldn't wait and went there in person.
Met with the inventory manager, he said Hyundai haven't allocated any Santa Cruz to the dealership yet and he has had folks coming and asking for Santa Cruz. I explained I paid $100 and reserved one. He told me that, and I'm paraphrasing, that $100 is like a Hyundai gift credit that can be applied to ANY Hyundai vehicles. He wasn't able to access what I chose during the reservation process, so he just logged into some sort of internal portal and tried to spec out a Santa Cruz.

I was right next to him, I told him that I'll want limited AWD, sage grey.
I didn't see any 20 inch wheel options, that's very odd. Every line item price is TBD
I did request a set of Hyundai crossbar, tow-hitch to be spec'ed.

At the end, I gave him my number and email and that's it. He didn't ask me for a deposit at all. I guess you can't really take a deposit until more is revealed to the dealer.
I left the dealership with nothing in writing and just hope that the inventory manager will contact me if a Santa Cruz of that spec is heading towards the dealership.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,230 Posts
I got an email from the manager of my dealership the next morning. Had a few interactions with him since, like when my wife said go for the top trim instead of the mid, she wanted the ventilated seats. So far, left a good impression.

On the flip, I've known and worked with the local Ford dealership owner and his family since the 90s. So in the event I decide to go Maverick if the pricing is insane from Hyundai, I'm comfortable there too.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was right next to him, I told him that I'll want limited AWD, sage grey.
You might as well have them order two of those -- that's what I'll likely want as well!

You're in the Austin area, right? Which dealership did you visit? I'm on the north side of town, was planning to swing by the Round Rock dealer this weekend...

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might as well have them order two of those -- that's what I'll likely want as well!

You're in the Austin area, right? Which dealership did you visit? I'm on the north side of town, was planning to swing by the Round Rock dealer this weekend...
I went to south point hyundai, it's just the closest. I'll ask them again sometime soon, telling them colors can be flexible, but I'm not flexible with trim and drivetrain.
Let us know how Round Rock Hyundai treats you

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
He told me that, and I'm paraphrasing, that $100 is like a Hyundai gift credit that can be applied to ANY Hyundai vehicles. He wasn't able to access what I chose during the reservation process, so he just logged into some sort of internal portal and tried to spec out a Santa Cruz.
Doesn't sound very confidence inspiring :confused: however dealers are notoriously clueless.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
Has anyone actually got the call from their chosen dealership?

I couldn't wait and went there in person.

At the end, I gave him my number and email and that's it.
That is just about the same as my dealership visit. Showed up unannounced on a weekday and had a salesman show me the multiple Tucson's they had on the front lot (only had Hybrids and didn't test drive anything). I explained the "insider" program as I understood it and he was completely clueless. Gave him my phone number and email.

A few days later I got a generic follow up email from the dealership manager thanking me for visiting and the next day an email from the salesman asking if I was still interested in a Hyundai vehicle (probably generic as well). I replied directly to the dealership manager and CC'd the salesman with all the details of what I'm interested in and my insider deposit transaction ID number.

A day or two later I got an email from the sales manager asking if there was anything he could do for me. Once again I laid everything out and included a few pointed questions to be answered. My best guess is the dealership manager passed my first reply on to the sales manager.

That was a few days ago. No emails or direct calls yet... I'm getting really full of popcorn! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got an email from the manager of my dealership the next morning. Had a few interactions with him since, like when my wife said go for the top trim instead of the mid, she wanted the ventilated seats. So far, left a good impression.

On the flip, I've known and worked with the local Ford dealership owner and his family since the 90s. So in the event I decide to go Maverick if the pricing is insane from Hyundai, I'm comfortable there too.
Love cooled seats!

·
Registered
90 Posts
That is just about the same as my dealership visit. Showed up unannounced on a weekday and had a salesman show me the multiple Tucson's they had on the front lot (only had Hybrids and didn't test drive anything). I explained the "insider" program as I understood it and he was completely clueless. Gave him my phone number and email.

A few days later I got a generic follow up email from the dealership manager thanking me for visiting and the next day an email from the salesman asking if I was still interested in a Hyundai vehicle (probably generic as well). I replied directly to the dealership manager and CC'd the salesman with all the details of what I'm interested in and my insider deposit transaction ID number.

A day or two later I got an email from the sales manager asking if there was anything he could do for me. Once again I laid everything out and included a few pointed questions to be answered. My best guess is the dealership manager passed my first reply on to the sales manager.

That was a few days ago. No emails or direct calls yet... I'm getting really full of popcorn! :ROFLMAO:

... full of popcorn!!!!!! love it...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm waiting until Hyundai announces the Pricing... Then I will march my butt down to the Local Hyundai and shoot the schittolla....

Reactions: Jdens

·
Registered
Currently drive a Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited
73 Posts
Just came from my dealer. Spoke with the sales manager, nothing on pricing. He said everything was pushed back because of Covid. He said they should be hearing about their allotment of vehicles between now and August 11th. Vehicles arriving in September. When I mentioned I have the deposit on a Limited model he said they would be coming in first. Told me to keep checking back. So really nothing new.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
He said they should be hearing about their allotment of vehicles between now and August 11th. Vehicles arriving in September. When I mentioned I have the deposit on a Limited model he said they would be coming in first.
Sounds like more waiting for pricing then.

Limited models shipping first aligns with my theory that fully loaded vehicles will be on hand to up sell early adopters.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,230 Posts
Well, it's looking a bit like this may be too late for me. Just got the quote on repairs for our backup vehicle (2012 Journey) ... which is about as much as it's worth. Also a couple of things that mean I won't be using it to commute any time soon either ... like both rear brake calipers ceased - second time for one side. Apparently Dodge isn't great at making rear brake calipers!

So now we have to decide if we can still wait 2 or 3 months on the SC or if I need to accelerate our new vehicle purchasing plans. There IS a Kona N-Line on the lot right now ... could be fun. LOL I know what I'm going to be spending my weekend doing now ...

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,188 Posts
So now we have to decide if we can still wait 2 or 3 months on the SC or if I need to accelerate our new vehicle purchasing plans. There IS a Kona N-Line on the lot right now ... could be fun. LOL I know what I'm going to be spending my weekend doing now ...
Don't let them cross sell you! Remove the rear calipers and plug the brake lines, then drive slowly with just front brakes to get you into what you want. 🤪😆 (NOT!)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well, it's looking a bit like this may be too late for me. Just got the quote on repairs for our backup vehicle (2012 Journey) ... which is about as much as it's worth. Also a couple of things that mean I won't be using it to commute any time soon either ... like both rear brake calipers ceased - second time for one side. Apparently Dodge isn't great at making rear brake calipers!

Could just throw your Journey on KBB instant offer, dump it on a dealer since they can get the parts and stuff cheap and put some of that money towards a beater civic or something to hold over for the SC, lol. Once I know an SC is on the lot and the pricing I am probably going to try and get a cash offer on my car while prices are high and rent until it is ready for pickup.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just came from my dealer. Spoke with the sales manager, nothing on pricing. He said everything was pushed back because of Covid. He said they should be hearing about their allotment of vehicles between now and August 11th. Vehicles arriving in September. When I mentioned I have the deposit on a Limited model he said they would be coming in first. Told me to keep checking back. So really nothing new.
Your sales manager just doesn't know what is going on - pricing wasn't officially released today, but if the dealers go into the system to build one, the pricing is now there. Also, don't believe his September arrival date - that may be when he gets more than 1 or 2, but most dealers will have their first one in about 30 days. Not sure where you are, but dealers in the southeast and parts of the mid-west pretty much all now have one on order for them. From what my contact at Hyundai (not the dealer) said mine should be arriving possibly late July, most likely early August.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Uh, care to share?
I would like to, but since it hasn't been officially put out there, I don't dare to. If someone else gets any of it, I'll add what I know... I just don't dare to be the first. I'll just say there is a $16,000 swing from base to loaded and most people looking for a limited aren't going to like the price.

I'm just trying to put enough info out there so people can call their dealer and have enough info to get their dealer to get them the price on what they want. A salesperson most likely won't have access - you need to talk to someone that can build a car in the dealer's Priority Bank - that is where the pricing is supposed to show up.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts