Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
Chosen dealer is telling me September/October estimated arrival build to my original insider order. I have to wonder if they are going to refund my $100 automatically at the end of September if it hasn't arrived and my order disappears? 😬

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just returned from my chosen dealer. The sales manager told me that the western New York area has been allotted 79 Santa Cruz, and they are scheduled for one. A white Sel premium. He never received anything from the concierge service on the limited I reserved. He took all my info and told me he would order one for me, but they aren’t scheduled to come in until October. What a bummer, I was getting excited after reading several people might be getting their’s in a couple of weeks. I told him that and he said no way are they coming that quickly. I hope he is wrong. He assured me he would keep me informed and I now have a salesman for additional contact. He did confirm for me that the Limited does come with a trailer hitch.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Could it be that the allocated few are going to arrive in a couple weeks and small allocations will continue until the Fall, at which time dealers will be able to order specific units. Would he have told you something different if you wanted a White SEL Premium?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could it be that the allocated few are going to arrive in a couple weeks and small allocations will continue until the Fall, at which time dealers will be able to order specific units. Would he have told you something different if you wanted a White SEL Premium?
Never thought about that. A good question?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Never thought about that. A good question?
I see a lot of people are getting quoted September/October from their dealer. They might also not want you looking at what other dealers first allocations are in case they have a match. And then some dealers are going to hold on to their first SCs to show customers.

·
Registered
489 Posts
He did confirm for me that the Limited does come with a trailer hitch.
The standard equipment list says no: Pricing is live all models come "prewired" for a trailer harness, but the tow hitch itself appears to be an add-on ($450) accessory.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
324 Posts
The standard equipment list says no: Pricing is live all models come "prewired" for a trailer harness, but the tow hitch itself appears to be an add-on ($450) accessory.
Or that dealer has confirmed that they intend to pre-load their vehicles with accessories before people get a chance to buy one without them. Cha-ching! "If you don't want it, someone else will."

·
Registered
26 Posts
Or that dealer has confirmed that they intend to pre-load their vehicles with accessories before people get a chance to buy one without them. Cha-ching! "If you don't want it, someone else will."
That's generally true, but not always true. Everyone needs to stick to their guns and get what they want. Let the dealers enjoy watching their inventory age on their lot.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That's generally true, but not always true. Everyone needs to stick to their guns and get what they want. Let the dealers enjoy watching their inventory age on their lot.
Unfortunately the dealer doesn't always have a say in it. If they put a request in for a specific car including accessories (or lack of) and they receive the car on allocation, usually they get it exactly as they wanted. If it's a car that's just offered to them on a regular allocation, Hyundai will already have accessories assigned to it - the dealer can add additional accessories, but can't remove what Hyundai has already added.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Chosen dealer is telling me September/October estimated arrival build to my original insider order. I have to wonder if they are going to refund my $100 automatically at the end of September if it hasn't arrived and my order disappears? 😬
I received a call from the concierge and my dealer a couple days ago - they both told me "a couple weeks". Maybe it has something to do with when you reserved. But from what I remember reading, if you don't buy in a certain period of time (3 months???) you're automatically refunded.

·
Registered
88 Posts
We all just have to remember that (at least in my case) we don't NEED this car/truck, we WANT it. If they try to up-sale me or throw in a bunch of accessories I don't want, I'll walk (not paying for that "launch package" for sure!). I'm (almost) willing to pay MSRP, as long as they come back with a great deal on my trade. Otherwise, I'll run what I have for a while more. Come back in three months when they're discounted on the lot!

I will say that the concierge told me that the SEL AWD w/ activity package that I ordered is (will be) on the way. The only change is it's the gray not the "green". All but positive that the "reservations" were just a gimmick to drum up word of mouth and that they don't mean much. From what I've read, the concierge is an outside contractor and not Hyundai. So take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
489 Posts
the dealer can add additional accessories, but can't remove what Hyundai has already added.
Thus I wonder how many padded SCs will arrive at dealerships with things like wheel locks and cargo nets already fitted.

If the accessories are already fitted at the factory are they on the Monroney Label? Or do they get put onto an Dealer Addendum?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
324 Posts
If mine eventually shows up with crap like wheel locks on it ... I guess I'll just have to wait for them to order another one. Or buy something else from somewhere else if they're jerks about it. As pointed out ... this is a want vehicle, not a NEED vehicle.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thus I wonder how many padded SCs will arrive at dealerships with things like wheel locks and cargo nets already fitted.

If the accessories are already fitted at the factory are they on the Monroney Label? Or do they get put onto an Dealer Addendum?
They will show on the Monroney label - an addendum would just be anything they physically add after it arrives at the dealership.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I guess you need to be standing there when it's unload.....And you point....And Yell thats mine and check the water and oil, inspect it for damage and drive it away...No time to ad locking lug nuts or Whoop-de-do Paint saver, or undercoat it or etch the windows for security.....Just grab it and go....

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
I guess you need to be standing there when it's unload.....And you point....And Yell thats mine and check the water and oil, inspect it for damage and drive it away...No time to ad locking lug nuts or Whoop-de-do Paint saver, or undercoat it or etch the windows for security.....Just grab it and go....
lol, I asked exactly that, and they said they have to do the Post Delivery Inspection, that includes OBD scan tool hooking up with the car and a test drive. I joked that if I offer $300 dollars extra if they can just sell me the car and let me drive off as soon as the wheels touch the ground from the freight truck, they said no.

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon Extended Cab All Terrain
15 Posts

My dealer (Florida) shared this with me and I see two add-on's I didn't ask for:

121 - 140 of 176 Posts