Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes, my very first albums (mostly monorail) were car albums or albums with car themes - Beach Boys, Jan & Dean mostly. Think had one by the Rip Chords.
8-Tracks....Tommy James and The Shandel's (sp?) Crimson and Clover..... Draggin' the Line.... My....4barrel....4 speed..Positract..409
Too bad the 409 was considered a better boat anchor LOL
What you wanted is Jan and Deans 1963 Split Window Vette with a 427 4spd the one they wreaked

·
Registered
37 Posts
8-Tracks....Tommy James and The Shandel's (sp?) Crimson and Clover..... Draggin' the Line.... My....4barrel....4 speed..Positract..409
Too bad the 409 was considered a better boat anchor LOL
What you wanted is Jan and Deans 1963 Split Window Vette with a 427 4spd the one they wreaked
Also a Vette was featured on the cover of the Beach Boys "Shut Down Vol 2".

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ah, yes, nostalgia...
<swirling memories as the clock hands run backward in a blur>
"It happened on the strip where the road was wide,
Two cool shorts standing side-by-side
A fuel-injected Stingray and a 413,
Revvin' up our engines and it sounds real mean'

Or, to put it another way:
"Those were the days, my friend, we thought they'd never end."

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
324 Posts
Tach it up, tach it up, buddy gonna shut you down. ... at least until you hit Deadman's Curve, eh? :) Ah, that was good music.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Since Chuck is the Hyundai Santa Cruz GOD, would he happen to know what models are coming to the Phoenix area? No one has any info except to say they will call me when they get one in Aug or Sept...I've spoken to 4 dealerships...Tempe, SanTan (closest to me), Apache Junction, Phoenix.
The odd thing is I don't see any for AZ yet... The west coast & NV yes, but then there's a big strip with nothing - AZ, NM, CO, UT, WY, MT, ID, ND, SD.

I'm going to start a new thread to let people know what is out there, and I'll explain in that what I can and may not be able to see.

Dang it I knew they wouldn’t bother to get my Limited AWD in Sage. You think I should put it in as a custom order? How does that work?
You can ask them to put in a Priority Bank Request for exactly what you would like. The only thing with that is you never know when/if it will be matched and filled. Cars are allocated once or twice a month (varies right now because everything is so short) and they will try to fill their Priority Bank Requests if they earn any of the model - up to a certain percent of what they earn (usually 30-50%) - so if they are allocated 3 Santa Cruz, they may fill their top 1 or 2 requests (starting with what the dealer has ranked at the top and working down looking to match what's available to what is requested).

I was wondering if any are heading to Idaho?
Unfortunately ID is another state that I don't currently see anything.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been playing phone tag with my dealership for the last couple days. This morning I called (at 8:35 AM) and finally reached him...but he was in bed. He sounded groggy and said "Can I call you when I wake up?" I guess I figured he had left me his work number. That was weird.

·
Registered
250 Posts
... This morning I called (at 8:35 AM) and finally reached him...but he was in bed... That was weird.
Yikes! 8:30 on a Sunday morning? :eek:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Zero chance I would've called him if I knew that was his personal phone. I was expecting to just leave a message for him at work. Oops.
I think you went from 1st place to last place...LOL Think Jan 2022 lol :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
22 Posts
After pricing was released, I decided to contact my local dealer, Freeman Hyundai in Irving, TX. I thought I'd call my service adviser there (I own a 2012 Veloster), and ask him which salesperson he'd recommend. I tried to call three times, and got the impression that he didn't want to talk to me. So I researched some dealership review sites, picked a salesperson who had good reviews, and called her.

She was more than happy to work with me. She took down my information and looked in the system, but didn't see me in it. She said she'd have to get with the sales manager to enter me in as a Priority Customer and get it taken care of. She did confirm the price, and said that they only charge MSRP, less any incentives (which I know there aren't any on the Santa Cruz). So they won't mark it up as a new vehicle in short supply. If they did, I'd simply wait it out.

She called me later that day to let me know that they have me taken care of in the system.

Last weekend I got the call & email from the Concierge system letting me know that they were going to forward my reservation information to "my local dealer." I called them back on Monday, and the concierge I spoke with confirmed the color/trim I requested, and said he didn't know which dealership my info would be sent to. On Tuesday (yesterday), my wife forwarded an email to me from the Sales Manager, that sounded like he was responding to my reservation information. Not sure why he sent it to her and not me, but whatever. I ended up calling him, and while on the phone with me he confirmed that a 2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD in Blue Stone is "in production" for me. He said he expects to receive it by the end of August.

I also emailed the salesperson this morning to let her know that I'd spoken with the sales manager, and asked if they needed any additional deposit from me, other than the $100 reservation. I'll update when she responds.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sounds like you found the right dealer

·
Registered
65 Posts
Stopped at local dealership in Janesville. WI to order a Santa Cruz Limited. The only leather interior choices are black and dark gray w/orange highlights. Gray leather interior is not listed as a choice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dealer has 3 allocated per Chuck's list. One has the options I want. Called the dealer and they 'put me in the system'. I emailed one of the sales people that had great reviews on Yelp. Sent him the vins and what I am looking for. Hope this helps to move things along.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Salesman at my dealer replied to my email yesterday when i asked if he any news on their arrival. His response:

"Nothing yet... I'll let you know when they come in".

So I guess I'm at the top of his list. Still thinking it'll be a couple weeks yet.

161 - 176 of 176 Posts