Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So Hyundai just announced a rather inexpensive appearance package of only $600 for the Santa Fe called the XRT.

It takes a SEL Convenience trim and adds black painted 18" wheels, extra black body cladding, side steps, front and rear skidplates, matte black grille, roof rails, and black painted door and mirror caps (see below).

It was recently discovered that Hyundai has some 17" black wheels for the Santa Cruz already available for sale in Canada, and it'd be interesting to see a blacked out grill IMO.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
I'm still not buying that the 17" wheels Hyundai Canada lists as Santa Cruz accessories aren't a mistake. Makes NO sense. I also did some image searching on the 18" wheels they list, and they appear to be a 2017-ish era Sonata rim. I find it very odd that they offer 17" options (3 if you include the steelies) for a vehicle that only has 18 and 20 inch options. I at least want 18" rims for my winter tires ... but I'm okay going aftermarket if I have to. I'd like 17s too, but there isn't a size that's an exact fit replacement for the 18s or 20s. Some CLOSE fits, but they'll still throw the speed/odometers out slightly. I don't want the odometer racking up miles faster than I'm actually driving them - why waste warranty like that.

That package on the Santa Fe isn't really doing anything at all for me. They can keep it.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ah, ok, never mind then. The rest they should be able to do with parts we have already seen though, and the equivalent trim on the Santa Cruz would be a SEL with Activity Package, so add say $600 to that for:

18" wheels painted black, roof rail bars, front grill painted black instead of silver, use black mirrors that they make for the black models anyway, the front skidplate at least already exists so they would just replace the plastic with say aluminum part using existing bolts, and they already showed off door garnish and steps:
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

I thought the steps would be useless, but I could see it helping with stuff you put on the rack and washing the roof perhaps.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ah, ok, never mind then. The rest they should be able to do with parts we have already seen though, and the equivalent trim on the Santa Cruz would be a SEL with Activity Package, so add say $600 to that for:

18" wheels painted black, roof rail bars, front grill painted black instead of silver, use black mirrors that they make for the black models anyway, the front skidplate at least already exists so they would just replace the plastic with say aluminum part using existing bolts, and they already showed off door garnish and steps:
View attachment 2516
I thought the steps would be useless, but I could see it helping with stuff you put on the rack and washing the roof perhaps.
What they need to do is take a page from Kia and add a Nightfall package to the SEL Premium and Limited trims that black out the entire vehicle and put some unique all black 18" and 20" wheels on them. Add $995 to the price. And also offer up the parts as accessories for us that have already purchased them to swap out the grills. I really want to black out my SEL Premium grill, but it's going to be nearly impossible to get it done right and at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What they need to do is take a page from Kia and add a Nightfall package to the SEL Premium and Limited trims that black out the entire vehicle and put some unique all black 18" and 20" wheels on them. Add $995 to the price. And also offer up the parts as accessories for us that have already purchased them to swap out the grills. I really want to black out my SEL Premium grill, but it's going to be nearly impossible to get it done right and at a reasonable price.
Ah nice, just checked out the Nightfall edition Seltos, its basically their highest trim slightly decontented without a sunroof but with blacked out trim. Nice.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm still not buying that the 17" wheels Hyundai Canada lists as Santa Cruz accessories aren't a mistake. Makes NO sense. I also did some image searching on the 18" wheels they list, and they appear to be a 2017-ish era Sonata rim. I find it very odd that they offer 17" options (3 if you include the steelies) for a vehicle that only has 18 and 20 inch options. I at least want 18" rims for my winter tires ... but I'm okay going aftermarket if I have to. I'd like 17s too, but there isn't a size that's an exact fit replacement for the 18s or 20s. Some CLOSE fits, but they'll still throw the speed/odometers out slightly. I don't want the odometer racking up miles faster than I'm actually driving them - why waste warranty like that.

That package on the Santa Fe isn't really doing anything at all for me. They can keep it.
Ohhh Man that Black on Red on the Santa Cruz. I'd take it! The side steps look useless though. Too close to the body to do any good as steps.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the Tucson that shares the platform with the Santa Cruz now has ALSO gotten a XRT trim, so potentially the Santa Cruz might be next for 2023. 2022 Hyundai Tucson XRT: Adventure-ish, Rugged-esque
Tucson XRT isn't over-the-top, but there are some XRT-specific elements that define the new trim: rugged front and rear fascias; side cladding; black monotone side mirrors; and special black 19-inch wheels. Dark side window surrounds, black cloth seats, and a black headliner add to the dark theme. Capping off the XRT's features are side steps, approach lighting, roof cross rails, and a tow hitch.
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
943 Posts
Maybe, because I see them on a lot of vehicles up here in the frozen North, black steelies for winter tires, that I'm less excited with black wheels, but there is something likeable about the SF and Tucson XRT trims

1 - 9 of 9 Posts