Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning I stopped for my 1st fill up at my local station.

As I was filling up, a guy in a late model F-150 slow rolls by, stops, opens his window and says: "that's not a truck!"

To which I casually replied: "I bet you hear that a lot from Super Duty owners, don't you?" 不不不

He rolled up his window and drove off......仄儭

Registered
On a different topic, some guy gave me s--t for wearing a protective mask in a store. I politely responded "thanks for the advice, doctor".
I work at a hospital....So sometimes I have my Hospital shirt on.."Logo" and I wear a mask.. I wonder what people think when they see someone from a Hospital wearing a mask in a store? They don't know whether I'm a Doctor or what.... I'm sure they are feeling a little naked at that moment...wondering what does that guy know that I don't LOL

Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2

As I was filling up, a guy in a late model F-150 slow rolls by, stops, opens his window and says: "that's not a truck!"

To which I casually replied: "I bet you hear that a lot from Super Duty owners, don't you?" 不不不

The guy got out and whipped my a$$.

The part SmoovC left out. :LOL:

Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The part SmoovC left out. :LOL:
You being from TX should know: never bring fists to a gunfight. (y)(Unless it is Austin, of course! 不) F**k around & find out. ;)

Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
I work at a hospital....So sometimes I have my Hospital shirt on.."Logo" and I wear a mask.. I wonder what people think when they see someone from a Hospital wearing a mask in a store? They don't know whether I'm a Doctor or what.... I'm sure they are feeling a little naked at that moment...wondering what does that guy know that I don't LOL
Lol... I'm just the opposite. I hear about the super high percentage of doctors and nurses that refuse to get the vaccine and wonder what they know that I don't no? ;)

Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
Well played, sir. Well played. My gas station encounter last night was much different ... guy yelled, "Is that the new Hyundai truck? It's awesome!" Said something about his dad wanting one, but got a Ridgeline because he couldn't get a Santa Cruz in a timely fashion. Oh, those instant gratification shoppers ... they miss out on all the good stuff!

Registered

Absolutely PERFECT comeback Wish I could have seen the look on the F-150 driver's face!

Registered

I wonder when the last time the guy hauled anything around in his F-150 or if he is just one of the guys that own a truck because it makes them look cool.

Registered

I've told a few people they my pen is isn't small enough to drive a truck that big不. Amazing how few people have my sense of humor!

Registered

Good one! I Watch the beginning of the throttle house video just posted to see the guy pull up in a Dodge ram next to the Maverick and listen to their exchange. It's good.

Registered
The guy in the F-150 could have been more gracious. I was at Home Depot when a guy with a Ridgeline came over to ask about my SEL. He was very curious and gracious with no slights about a real truck.

Registered
The guy in the F-150 could have been more gracious. I was at Home Depot when a guy with a Ridgeline came over to ask about my SEL. He was very curious and gracious with no slights about a real truck.
That is because a RL is not a "real truck" either per the interwebs. These same interwebs however will tell you the Maverick is a real truck because its shaped like one and Ford said so :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts