·
Registered
22 SEL Premium AWD Blue Stone
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The article points out all corner's Ford cut to get the price down... doesn't paint the Mav in a good light: no rust proofing and cheap suspension. The parts sharing thing is common on all vehicles -and obviously the SC shares a ton of parts with Tuscon.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The article points out all corner's Ford cut to get the price down... doesn't paint the Mav in a good light: no rust proofing and cheap suspension. The parts sharing thing is common on all vehicles -and obviously the SC shares a ton of parts with Tuscon.

The 70k dollar half/3/4 and tons also have no rust proofing. You have to buy your own wheel well liners now. Most don't have any rustproofing. I have cars and trucks on the lift all day. The 90s and 2000s vehicles with rust proofing are the ones that fell apart in 10 years. Lol. Ive also had the Cruz on my lift and didn't see any rust proofing. The Cruz also has shock and spring rather than struts on the rear which is about the cheapest suspension you could make. Thinnest rear leading arms ive ever saw too. Paper thin metal skids. U joint rather than CV on the drive shaft. Etc etc. There is more fiber insulation under the Cruz than some have. Maybe that costed a bit.

The mav may be built cheaper underneath..... but I just don't see how. Not seen under one myself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts