Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
At 10:45, he says that the fuel filler door is not lockable. I thought that someone here said that it was locked whenever all of the other doors were locked. Confirmation, owners...?

Also, really like the 'Santa Cruz' lettering added to the leading edge of the hood.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
281 Posts
Those callouts are a little too extrovertive for me. There's enough badging on the truck already as far as I'm concerned. Besides, I kinda like having people wonder what my little truck is. 😎

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
It looks alright against the white. Not something I want for my own, but I could see them getting quite a few orders for those bits. The door garnish looks well done too. Subtle and not over the top. I find the factory Hyundai ones just a little too much for me. Must be about an $8k markup for those pieces though. LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow those 3 additions look awesome
How do we go about getting them
I head Ajax Hyundai was the one who did this
Anyone have any contact on how to get things add ons as I definitely want them
Even though I have to wait till December to get mine I thought I would get things in the meantime
Cheers all

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only thing I would have done differently is ignored the space between Santa and Cruz on the front. They nicely centered the second A, to allow for four letters on each side, but its asymmetrical as they tried to include the beforementioned space and that kind of bothers me.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm most interested in the tailgate lettering. With the black SC, it's almost impossible to see the letters. I'm hoping someone comes out with inserts in various colors. I saw a Black Silverado last night with Red lettering and it looked nice. That's what I'm waiting for.

Front Hood Lettering is ok. Not sure my truck needs to identify as a Range Rover or Telluride, and the lettering seems just a tad to separated apart. Personally, I'd tighten it up just a bit, and maybe shrink the letters just one size smaller.

I agree with the other poster that the manufacturer side molding is too bulky. I like the size of these, but I already know that on a black truck they'll barely be noticeable.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
Wouldn't it be a hoot to put "E L C A M I N O" or "R A N C H E R O" or "B A J A" across the hood!
I had to laugh last night at the drive-in ... was in the concession stand and a women started waving at me. Didn't recognize her right away, because that can be hard in face masks and I haven't seen her in a couple of years (former co-worker). She asked if I saw the "crazy little El Camino looking thing that pulled in." I laughed and said that's ME! It's MY crazy little El Camino thing! Personally, I just don't see the comparison. Maybe if it was the two door with a longer bed like the concept. But that's okay. I've always liked having something a little out there. :)

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,207 Posts
I had to laugh last night at the drive-in ... was in the concession stand and a women started waving at me. Didn't recognize her right away, because that can be hard in face masks and I haven't seen her in a couple of years (former co-worker). She asked if I saw the "crazy little El Camino looking thing that pulled in." I laughed and said that's ME! It's MY crazy little El Camino thing! Personally, I just don't see the comparison. Maybe if it was the two door with a longer bed like the concept. But that's okay. I've always liked having something a little out there. :)
Had a similar thing happen when I walked into a Starbucks in Las Vegas NV. The girl that handed me my GIANT Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew (road trip eye opener) asked if that blue truck was mine. I told her it was. She said it reminded her of a little El Camino! She was all excited and thought it was the coolest thing she'd ever seen.

If I were 40 years younger I'd have made a play for her and offered to pick her up after her shift. :cool:
At 62, I didn't want to get the creepy old man look... :LOL:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I were 40 years younger I'd have made a play for her and offered to pick her up after her shift. :cool:
Shouldn't let that stop you! Imply that you're loaded, looking for a new wife, and lie about your age. Tell her you're 82. 🤑

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
180 Posts
Had a similar thing happen when I walked into a Starbucks in Las Vegas NV. The girl that handed me my GIANT Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew (road trip eye opener) asked if that blue truck was mine. I told her it was. She said it reminded her of a little El Camino! She was all excited and thought it was the coolest thing she'd ever seen.

62 driving a Santa Cruz is not creepy, it's cool! 😎 It shows you have taste. Asking her out just shows she is within your realm of worthwhile pursuits.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Lot's of options for the tailgate letter inserts on Amazon - just not for us....yet. I have the Hampton Gray and I think black letters would look great on it. Waiting for somebody to get the correct font for their laser-cutter!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts