Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current issue is that the interior lights come on when the door opens and then stay on throughout the drive. Once I turn off the car and lock the doors, the lights turn off and function as they should. In fact, everything functions as it should outside of the lights staying on for the entire drive. Does anyone have any thoughts or should I contact the dealer?
Vehicle Trim: SEL AWD without the activity package.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD
917 Posts
I haven't looked but maybe there is a plunger/button in the door jam that is stuck Of course this is old school might be totally electronic LOL but I would check

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Every car I ever owned had a small 3-position slide switch as a part of the ceiling light fixture(s):
Always OFF, controlled by DOOR, and always ON.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limited
94 Posts
Are all lights on or just the Map lights? The map lights can be pressed to turn on and off, once turned on they stay on until you leave + some preset time that turns off everything to save battery.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
Yep, those were the first things I checked. Those buttons are set as pictured.
How about the two map lights in the picture above? They turn on/off by pushing on them. I've hit them on accident once already and it took me a while to figure out what was causing the lights to stay on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.