Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

Invoice?

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  JASmith 
#1 ·
Anyone have info on the invoice for the different models yet? Specifically looking for the SEL with activity package but I'm sure others would be useful too. I found this on a website today and was wondering if it was true and the difference between invoice and msrp is actually that small?

See less See more
#3 ·
That seems a little low. Don't forget dealers also get hold back, for Hyundai this is 3% of MSRP. Thus even if they gave you the car "at invoice" they would still make $800 in this example. Given the limited available of SC currently I doubt any dealer is going to entertain an offer below MSRP.

#8 ·
Quite a few peeps on the other forum were ordering Mavericks at 4% under invoice, and it seems like there aren't any "hah, gotchas" involved. I believe dealers also often get incentives based on annual sales goals too, so being able to move a high volume of no-hassle no-testdrive online orders can be quite lucrative too.

Of course this works a bit better with Ford, as they will only fulfill preorders with a person's photoID scanned in, and not general dealer inventory, so a dealer could sell a hundred preorders that will actually get fulfilled before a single vehicle would otherwise be available on their sales floor, plus, the more people that cancel their order after delivery the more they have on the floor before other dealers.

#4 ·
PITAZGinger, just find a VIN with the trim you want to know the invoice of and pop it into this VIN Decoder.

VIN Decoder - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Lots of interesting information will come up, including payloads which vary greatly with options installed.

#5 ·
PITAZGinger, just find a VIN with the trim you want to know the invoice of and pop it into this VIN Decoder.

VIN Decoder - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Lots of interesting information will come up, including payloads which vary greatly with options installed.
Awesome site, thank you!
I noticed inputting vins tho that it only tells you the base prices w/o factory installed accessories. Any idea what invoice is on the Activity package?

#6 ·
I don't know what their costs are on any accessories, but they are a good area you can use to negotiate. For example, they want $500 more than you want to pay and you want a trailer hitch that wasn't factory installed. You can counter with, I'll pay the $500 markup if you install a hitch for me. That way you get your hitch and they make money on the hitch, because it doesn't cost them $450. Also, as others here have mentioned, dealers get other payments from their manufacturers that give them more profits per vehicle, but I can't comment on how all that works.

Reactions: PITAGinger
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.