Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
It's a truck. It did truck stuff. It got scars from doing truck stuff. It has been initiated! My tailgate edge for a little scuff (VERY little) the second day, doing what I intended it for. In okay with it. Badge of honor!

Registered
Did more truck stuff last weekend. Rented a push mower to cut our new sod. Plenty of room in the bed for the mower plus a couple of gas cans. Tonneau cover closed, no problem.

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Electrical wiring Gas Trunk
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Trunk

And then we headed to the water to do some "adventure" fishing! Of course, once I get a hitch installed, we'll drag a boat behind us, so that'll be a combo truck and adventure function! :LOL:

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate

Registered
Yep, it's a truck! I used mine to do truck stuff today. Even got scuff marks in the bedliner (and my wife was REALLY upset about that!) 馃ぃ

The adjustable tie-downs came in handy for using the ratchet straps.
View attachment 3216

Two tie-downs fully secured the load.
View attachment 3217

Ready to roll!
View attachment 3218

Scuffed up the tailgate.
View attachment 3219

And the bed. Truck work!
View attachment 3220
It's like seeing your child take it's First Step :oops:

Could not be more PROUD of you! :p:LOL:

Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
El Santa Cruzo got his first truck assignment today. Noticed water leaking across my garage floor coming from the water heater. Checked the date on it, 1994! Guess I can't complain that it lasted 27-28 years before the bottom rusted out. Made a trip to Home Depot and El Santa Cruzo brought back a brand spanking new water heater in it's little bed mounted vertically secured with tiedown straps.

I gave its' steering wheel a pat and told him he was a good little trucklet. :LOL: Think I will reward him with a wash and wax soon.

Registered
El Santa Cruzo got his first truck assignment today. Noticed water leaking across my garage floor coming from the water heater. Checked the date on it, 1994! Guess I can't complain that it lasted 27-28 years before the bottom rusted out. Made a trip to Home Depot and El Santa Cruzo brought back a brand spanking new water heater in it's little bed mounted vertically secured with tiedown straps.

I gave its' steering wheel a pat and told him he was a good little trucklet. :LOL: Think I will reward him with a wash and wax soon.
And where are the pix? You know we need pix. :LOL:

Registered

My wife...(The thinker)..Several months ago asked me how old the water heater is.. I said 15 years on a 8 year water heater... She said we are going to buy one..I said there is nothing wrong with it.. She said We don't want to have it start leaking in the middle of the night.. Can't argue with that LOL So this month we are buying one.. It's Gas so a new experience for me :) I've changed out probably at least 50 Electric ones in my last job but not gas...So I'll google it :) lol..
So I'll be hauling one in the next week or two I'll have pictures.. :)
I'll use my new floor mat for this job and I need a tail gate cover so I don't scratch up the lip

Registered
My wife...(The thinker)..Several months ago asked me how old the water heater is.. I said 15 years on a 8 year water heater... She said we are going to buy one..I said there is nothing wrong with it.. She said We don't want to have it start leaking in the middle of the night.. Can't argue with that LOL So this month we are buying one.. It's Gas so a new experience for me :) I've changed out probably at least 50 Electric ones in my last job but not gas...So I'll google it :) lol..
So I'll be hauling one in the next week or two I'll have pictures.. :)
I'll use my new floor mat for this job and I need a tail gate cover so I don't scratch up the lip
Santa Cruz turned your frown upside-down! (I've always loathed that little trope, too.) See how easy it was to go from dreaded task to an anticipated adventure? Take a few pix for us.

And don't forget, while you sleep, waiting for the weekend to arrive, that old water heater now knows its days are numbered. :devilish:

Reactions: CASD

Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
...15 years on a 8 year water heater...
Got 27 years out of a 10 year one! (y)
Gas heater is easy as long as you have a on/off gas line valve at the wall exit. This one doesn't even have electrical attached at all. If you have to shut the gas off at the meter or some other long distance away you need to refill that distance with gas after the install, so the pilot might not light quickly on the new one. If there is no on/off at the wall exit, it's a good time to add one. Just a few comments from past experience. Be safe when working with gas lines. No smoking! ;)

Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
Well, it's a trucklet/truckette/truck to me. Had yard clean-up to do this past weekend. First time I've looked forward to that task in the 13 years I've been in this house. 馃ぃ Loaded it up with the refuse and headed to the compost center. While there, a guy was admiring my SC and said he's thinking about getting one.
Plant Tire Vehicle Wheel Flower

Registered
Call it what you will but when I was coming out of Costco the other day I couldn't remember exactly where I parked and then I saw this nice looking black truck and though I wonder what model that is? As I get closer I realized it was my TRUCK! So again. Call it what you will but from a distance the only thing it looks like is a truck. And a **** nice looking one at that!!!
Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

21 - 40 of 48 Posts