Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or do other people hate the game dealer's play???
The last two times I bought a vehicle I almost got in a fight..or at least a shoving match LOL
I walk into the Dealership
Test drive the truck..
I tell them up front my credit is great.... Good job and length of time on the job....good money
I tell them what I want...willing to pay and what I want for my trade..
Then I tell them...I've sold before, Do not come back with numbers on a paper for me to sign... because I told you what I'm willing to do.
And then the bright finance turd sends the boy back with a paper with numbers on it.. SOB!
I won't sign anything...that's a commitment
So we go back and forth until I get up to leave.... Sometimes I make it too the door...Sometimes I make it to my truck and sometimes they let me leave, which tells me there aren't hungry enough or they bought the truck I want wrong..
But the point is it gets heated in between there somewhere and I just get tired of trying to make an easy deal for them...Not a steal Deal but a fair deal based on KBB and other factors....I don't expect to steal from them but they sure in **** try to steal from an honest guy trying to buy a truck at a fair price....
I hope what I buy in the next three months whether its the Cruz or the Maverick or whatever that it is my last purchase.... Because I hate the process....

·
Registered
350 Posts
It's all on the managers for the most part.... yes, dealers have a process that is supposed to be followed. The salesperson can tell them whatever he wants and they will 99% of the time try to just go thru the steps regardless. I've seen where the sales desk has had a sign that "the desk has no ears" as in don't give them a story that they don't want to hear it and will do what they want anyway. The thing is, in a normal market 99% of the time they will get to your fair price or very close... but they'll waste their time and yours to do it their way.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's all on the managers for the most part.... yes, dealers have a process that is supposed to be followed. The salesperson can tell them whatever he wants and they will 99% of the time try to just go thru the steps regardless. I've seen where the sales desk has had a sign that "the desk has no ears" as in don't give them a story that they don't want to hear it and will do what they want anyway. The thing is, in a normal market 99% of the time they will get to your fair price or very close... but they'll waste their time and yours to do it their way.
Yea, I know you 're right... I'm still just a little butt hurt from the $3000 addendum Put on the SEL I was looking at... I have a set price for the new vehicle and that took it $3000 over :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Patience grasshoppa' 👍 🤣 As as have told them: "you need to sell a car today A LOT worse than I need to buy one this year."

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
I haven't run into too many dealer games from the sales floor. The ones I hate are the ones the finance department plays. Last year on the Equinox, we had our deal made, financing approved, and then the finance manager, in the process of their upsell all the things for big profits spiel almost had us bail on it entirely. After half an hour of you're going to get sick, you're going to die, you're going to lose your job, you're going to get into accidents, and my fav - our vehicles are SO reliable (Chevy) that we have 10 full time mechanics and a two week waiting period for appointments. We did actually walk out without signing anything after that. I spoke with a different finance person the next day who actually gave me the information I asked for without issues, let me make the decisions on what we wanted based on actual data, and then we bought the 'Nox. In their after-sale survey I specifically pointed out that their finance manager actually came THIIIIIIIS close to making us bail on the sale and go with something else. So those games, YEAH, hate those. But my sales experience outside of that was pretty good. We'll see how Hyundai does!

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
204 Posts
Six months from now they'll have incentives on these vehicles, and the suckas who paid an extra 3 grand will be mad as ****.

Nobody likes the games, and it's beyond me why some dealers continue to play them. They HAVE to know it just p!sses off the customer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The past 3 cars I bought, I had the deal worked out 100% online before I even stepped foot in the door and I told them up from that I wanted to spend as little time In the dealership as possible, and I managed to get out the door in under 2 hours. The last one was a personal record at under and hour.

·
Registered
350 Posts
This is the time that having any connection to someone in any part of the business can be a help. Doesn't matter how distant it can at least be a foot in the door to possibly bypass a little of the BS. Also if you know someone connected with another non-Hyundai dealership, ask them if they know someone there. Salespeople move all the time and it's worth asking. Another thing if you already have a Hyundai, schedule your next oil change and if they don't automatically try to talk you into trading out of your current car, mention the the service advisor that you're interested in the SC. Often if they bring you over to the sales department they get a referral and sometimes they'll make an easier deal if they know they're going to make $$ on you in service in the future. Also check the dealer website, some have VIP or partnerships with different organizations (teachers, city employees, large local businesses etc).

With the market leaning so heavily in the dealers favor at this point, anything you can do to get even a small advantage can help.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know me...Preaching..LOL I just a tongue lashing to my Dealership about they should get all the profit now..because adding an addendum to the price will only last a few months until the Santa Cruz is on all lots..and then nobody will put up with it...I told them to have fun with the supply and demand because once it's done your not going to have those repeat customers anymore....Being greedy up front you lose long-term customers.. I told them good luck with that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts