Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topical storm Fred just passed through here on Tuesday dropping more than 3” of rain. I was out of town until Thursday, so I just opened it this morning. The bed was nice and dry. 3-5 drops of water that came off the tonneau cover as I opened it.
Guess it’s pretty much water tight!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Washing it with the high pressure at the car wash, the cover itself seems pretty good, it did leak thru the handle a small amount, but the most water that got in seems to go under the tailgate and in from the back instead of from above. Some did get under the brunk cover, but with the seal on the storage area itself, that stayed dry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We are supposed to get hit with a good bit of rain this weekend I will try and check how dry it is when it lets up.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
595 Posts
Rained for 12 hours, bed was mostly dry but water does leak in. If I had anything I want to stay dry I’d put it up on a riser.
interesting coincidence that for me the driver side got tons of water accumulation like yours as well, it can't be that all of our driveways are tilted so probably it's the tonneau design that makes water accumulate on the side

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
109 Posts
Sorry if someone's already noted this, but the tonneau cover is recessed below the top edges of the bed and the top of the tailgate, which form a dam on all sides. How does that water drain off?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts