Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Washing it with the high pressure at the car wash, the cover itself seems pretty good, it did leak thru the handle a small amount, but the most water that got in seems to go under the tailgate and in from the back instead of from above. Some did get under the brunk cover, but with the seal on the storage area itself, that stayed dry.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
772 Posts
Rained for 12 hours, bed was mostly dry but water does leak in. If I had anything I want to stay dry I’d put it up on a riser.
interesting coincidence that for me the driver side got tons of water accumulation like yours as well, it can't be that all of our driveways are tilted so probably it's the tonneau design that makes water accumulate on the side

·
Registered
2022 Hampton Gray Santa Cruz
550 Posts
Sorry if someone's already noted this, but the tonneau cover is recessed below the top edges of the bed and the top of the tailgate, which form a dam on all sides. How does that water drain off?

·
Registered
104 Posts
My cover leaks around two spots along the seam of the last strip next to the roller. I get that water may leak around the edges and around where the seal meet with the tail gate, but is a bit of a disappointment that it leaks at those spots.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sorry if someone's already noted this, but the tonneau cover is recessed below the top edges of the bed and the top of the tailgate, which form a dam on all sides. How does that water drain off?
Bumping, because this remains an interesting question.

Do owners find a very shallow swimming pool on top of the tonneau after a storm, or does the water disappear... somewhere?

·
Registered
2022 Hampton Gray Santa Cruz
550 Posts
I think we'd all like to think the tonneau is waterproof, but that's not totally realistic. Just like about every other bed cover out there, there are just too many places for water to find its way in. That's true of soft covers and hard ones alike. You can't have a sliding cover that seals like a door or trunk lid.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the bed mat in my Santa Cruz with the tonneau cover and the bed matt appears to hold water better than the natural drainage built into the bed design, I find a bit more pooled in there now.

·
Premium Member
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Prem, White / gray
91 Posts
after a very light rain (mist almost) I have water in the bed on both sides at the back window side. Will have to get the hose out and see where the leak is. It’s a lot more water than I would’ve expected with the amount of rain the truck just went through.

·
Registered
2022 SC Limited, Black
197 Posts
Truck sat out during a three day snow, followed by warm weather and the snow melted (was at a conference, so the truck was parked the while time).
A little bit of intrusion from the passenger side just behind the wheel well, a little from in front of the roller tonneau case, and a little from the tailgate seal with the cover.
Pretty much the same as running through a car wash. Probably less than a cup of water total.

If I have stuff in there that has to stay absolutely dry, then I'll probably put something in to make a little space between the bed and the items. Maybe the bed mat, if it keeps a gap on the edges so the water can run under the mat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts