Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 SEL FWD Activity - Sage
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past several months I watched a ton of YouTube videos about the SC to try and decide if it was right for me. One of the complaints that was often raised was the inconvenience of the touch screen climate controls. This was also one of my biggest concerns. My mother's Buick had the touchscreen and I found it very annoying to have to look over and tap, tap, tap, tap to change the fan speed (which I do with some regularity). When I bought my SEL Activity this week, I resigned myself to the fact that I would just have to live with it. However, when I got in for my first drive after purchase, I had a pleasant surprise. The climate control had knobs! It also had the rollers for the radio controls.

My question is whether it was always this way on the SEL Activity, or was that a change for 2023?

·
Registered
2022 SEL Sage Gray (non turbo)
291 Posts
Always that way.

EDIT: Let me clarify my statement. It’s the smaller screen on my SEL ( non activity package) you get the 2 screen buttons.

Honestly, I use the controls on the steering wheel. It’s easier to make changes w/o the distraction of feeling for the knobs on the screen. My biggest complaint, my wife has access to the volume button and is always turn down my music. I wish I could keep hers hands off of my knob!

Enjoy your ride,
Gusto!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Over the past several months I watched a ton of YouTube videos about the SC to try and decide if it was right for me. One of the complaints that was often raised was the inconvenience of the touch screen climate controls. This was also one of my biggest concerns. My mother's Buick had the touchscreen and I found it very annoying to have to look over and tap, tap, tap, tap to change the fan speed (which I do with some regularity). When I bought my SEL Activity this week, I resigned myself to the fact that I would just have to live with it. However, when I got in for my first drive after purchase, I had a pleasant surprise. The climate control had knobs! It also had the rollers for the radio controls.

My question is whether it was always this way on the SEL Activity, or was that a change for 2023?
In the new world when old farts die off, the next generation will wonder, wtf were they complaining about. The new generation is growing up on a touch capacitive world. Just about every device has a touch screen. Ask any young drivers, like my daughter about the capacitive touch in the SC - she couldn’t careless, either way, she doesn’t spend a second of thought on it.

Old farts like me, realize, it’s how the future is shaping up. Get use to it. Lol 🤪😂😁

·
Registered
288 Posts

My 2022 SEL + Activity has knobs for climate and roller for volume. The upper SC trims are all touchscreen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts