Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

Is this Sage Grey or Mojave Sand?

10K views 48 replies 26 participants last post by  Phil75 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been searching for a good pic of Mojave Sand and came across this IG post. Is this Sage? Thanks!

#19 ·
I wonder if all the pre-production models we saw were either hand-sprayed or run through whatever color was currently in the paint tank for some other model -- ergo, not really a true Santa Cruz color.

#23 ·
The more Sage Gray pictures I see the more I'm liking Blue Stone. It appears to be the most colorful. I was hoping Sage had some more "pop" to it in the sun but it appears to be gray with a green tint - I wished it was the other way around: green with a gray tint.

#25 ·
I'm guessing the blue is much like the grey/blue Subaru has. Neighbour has it. Looks okay, but would be weird to match them. LOL Plus I'm not allowed to own a blue car because my wife's family has a "blue car curse" where every blue car they had has been in accidents. Let's overlook for a moment that they only bought blue cars. But, whatever. I was really hoping for a screaming bright yellow or green - even an orange like they had on the Kona. I'll have to settle for green. I haven't had a green car yet anyway. Had beige, gold, beige, silver, grey, silver, black, orange ... almost purple ... but never green. Time for something new! :p

#26 ·
I'm guessing the blue is much like the grey/blue Subaru has. Neighbour has it. Looks okay, but would be weird to match them. LOL Plus I'm not allowed to own a blue car because my wife's family has a "blue car curse" where every blue car they had has been in accidents. Let's overlook for a moment that they only bought blue cars. But, whatever. I was really hoping for a screaming bright yellow or green - even an orange like they had on the Kona. I'll have to settle for green. I haven't had a green car yet anyway. Had beige, gold, beige, silver, grey, silver, black, orange ... almost purple ... but never green. Time for something new! :p
I've seen Subaru's version of the green/gray and it looks pretty nice

#31 ·
Now this is the color I would be drooling over. WOW!
Yep, me too. It wouldn't even be close with the other color options.

The comparisons to Subaru's colors are spot on... The Stone Blue is almost identical to Subie's Cool Gray Khaki, and this yellow that Hyundai didn't follow through on looks very close to Subie's Plasma Yellow Pearl -- both offered on the Crosstrek. Maybe Hyundai thought a green and a yellow option would overlap?

#41 ·
Besides black, white and shades of gray, all that is now left is Blue Stone. It's a mysterious unicorn of color!

Maybe they should change its' name to Pitoni Oxygen Sky, because it is about as rare on the dealers lots.

#48 ·
I was really looking forward to the Mojave Sand color for mine based upon all the early promotional materials but what they delivered was just "tan" and was really disappointing so I went with the Sage Gray. I'm wondering if the supply chain issues that cropped up over the past year caused them to have to make serious compromises on the final colors for the rollout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.