1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... driving our Equinox for me. LOL

Sorry for the clickbait!!

We've determined that we're going to use the Equinox at least one day a week to keep it from getting dead batteries, crusty brakes, etc. Today was our day for this week. I gotta say, my first week with the Santa Cruz as completely ruined driving it for me. At one point, realizing how much more throttle input it needed to pass a car, I thought to myself, "it feels like driving sadness. I miss Grogu."

Anybody else have other cars they own ruined by their SC?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hadn't driven our 2020 Santa Fe Limited in 3 weeks (wife's car). I was actually excited to drive it because hers has the blind spot monitor, heads up display and adaptive cruise. However, 2 minutes into driving it, I realized just how much faster the 2.5t in the SC is vs. the 2.0t in the Santa Fe, and actually how much more nimble the SC is, which actually surprised me more. Three weeks ago, I really enjoyed driving her Santa Fe. Now, it's Santa Cruz or bust!!

·
Registered
77 Posts

We've determined that we're going to use the Equinox at least one day a week to keep it from getting dead batteries, crusty brakes, etc. Today was our day for this week. I gotta say, my first week with the Santa Cruz as completely ruined driving it for me. At one point, realizing how much more throttle input it needed to pass a car, I thought to myself, "it feels like driving sadness. I miss Grogu."

THAT's NOT FUNNY! ...OK so it was a little funny. But mostly it just made me sad cause i don't have one yet. All you folks rubin it in are big meanies. But I do appreciate the feed back.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THAT's NOT FUNNY! ...OK so it was a little funny. But mostly it just made me sad cause i don't have one yet. All you folks rubin it in are big meanies. But I do appreciate the feed back.
Sorry, eh? Don't worry ... you'll find one, then you'll be here gushing like the rest of us! :)

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
185 Posts
I took our 2012 Veloster last night to gas it up for the wife.

Yes, the Santa Cruz has ruined driving it for me.

The Veloster was sluggish (although to be fair it was never a rocket), and not anywhere near as comfortable. And the headlights weren't as bright as the LEDs in the Santa Cruz. On the plus side, the steering/handling is much tighter on the Veloster. And it costs 2/3 as much to gas it up.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
75 Posts
We have a 2005 Santa Fe that we have to drive around once in a while to knock the dust off sort of speak. It's been pretty much parked when my wife got her Rogue Sport. I used to drive it one week a month when i had my 18 Frontier. I would also drive hers once in a while for a treat. Now I have decided that will have a SC for the rest of my life. I don't even find myself eyeing other cars in traffic and imagine owning them anymore. I do find myself looking at on coming Hyundai's and briefy looking to see the "cute butt" of an SC at the sight of which I would then give myself a mental point. So far I'm scoreless

·
Registered
12 Posts

Walking Bear, I swear that was hilarious!! I immediately clicked thought omg!.. now I am concerned that my 2007 Chevy Tahoe 4wd lifted, I call her SquatchHoe. I am truly concerned if I get one of these my baby will be sitting sadly in the garage for months without any attention!!!!
nath

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
64 Posts

Good idea. My 2006 Tundra was parked on gravel for a few days after a rain storm. BIG mistake. The front calipers are now sticking and it needs a $1000 brake job....just in time for me to sell it...but in MA you have to warranty a used car for 30 days and it has to pass inspection or they can return it so there is no avoiding the repair. I hope I can get decent money for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts