Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have the jack, tool kit, jumper cables, bungee cords, cargo net and rachet straps.

I have another Craftsman tool bag that the jack will fit in that is lower profile.

I will add a small air compressor and tire repair kit in the side pocket.

Love all the storage.

Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
575 Posts
Mine is turning into the same deal. Recovery items and a jack that will rarely be used, but when they do need to come out, a couple extra seconds to clear the gear over the brunk isn't a big deal.

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
575 Posts
I got everything from my Ram boxes (minus the tools box) into the brunk.
I’m really hoping that I can figure out a 12v compressor to hide in there and route an female air fitting into the bed so I can air up an down when I’m off the pavement.
Do you like your viair setup? I’ve never run anything from them, but was considering dropping the money on an ARB.

·
Registered
2022 SEL Premium
86 Posts
I’m really hoping that I can figure out a 12v compressor to hide in there and route an female air fitting into the bed so I can air up an down when I’m off the pavement.
Do you like your viair setup? I’ve never run anything from them, but was considering dropping the money on an ARB.
I like the Viair. I have the continuous run option. It isn't as powerful but it won't overheat and seize up on you either. I only used it on a weekend when I was rock crawling in Ooray and it worked perfectly. Took about 20-25 minutes to go from 20 psi to 65 psi on all 4 tires on my truck at the time.

I know ARB is the cool way to go but I've never used one so I can't comment but I'm happy with the Viair.

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
575 Posts
I like the Viair. I have the continuous run option. It isn't as powerful but it won't overheat and seize up on you either. I only used it on a weekend when I was rock crawling in Ooray and it worked perfectly. Took about 20-25 minutes to go from 20 psi to 65 psi on all 4 tires on my truck at the time.

I know ARB is the cool way to go but I've never used one so I can't comment but I'm happy with the Viair.
Yeah, I've made due with a two gallon Dewalt compressor that I modified to fit inside the Decked drawer system in my Titan. Not quite as much room in the SC, so I'm hoping to come up with a budget friendly option that I can just leave hidden, and plug in my hose to air back up when I get back to pavement.

I really liked using the 110 compressor since it seemed to be much more efficient than any of the 12v versions that I used previously. Just too bad that the SC doesn't pack enough power in the 110 outlet to run a small compressor.

·
Registered
2022 SEL Premium
86 Posts
I also have a battery powered Ryobi compressor that works great as well. Took forever to get to 65 psi but it can do it. 30-35 psi is no problem. It's honestly all anyone really needs and it doubles up for balls, bikes, mattresses, etc. It's also completely portable.

·
Registered
2022 SE AWD - Phantom Black
159 Posts
1. Jumper Cables
2. Dead rechargeable jumper, that I need to throw away...
3. Bungee net
4. Air pump
5. Cargo bag
6. Screw driver set
7. 4-way lug wrench
8. Carrier thingy that attaches your child seat to your carry-on bag to make it easier to get around the airport when your wife is riding a knee scooter due to breaking her foot 4 months earlier.
9. 1 7/8" ball
10. 2" ball
11. Random crap, that I need to throw away...

Cubbies:

Left.
1. Bag o' straps

Right.
1. Work gloves
2. Reusable bags for going to Aldi.

Is anyone using their under seat storage? I forget it's there...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts