Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
22 Santa Cruz... 2.5T DCT... Evilla muffler delete... train horns... pedal commander... etc
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just received and installed the straight pipe axleback muffler delete for the 2.5 turbo and I must say... sounds great and will certainly be less restrictive than the dufflebag muffler with the 1.5" crush bend at the axle from the factory (looks like they mismeasured the factory exhaust and just beat the **** out of it to make it fit). I don't know if this will sound good on a non-turbo but on the turbo its great.

It is not obnoxious. Can barely hear at idle. Revs under load will be far more noticeable than "in park revving" for obvious reasons. Deep throaty sound. I will post pics and a video if it lets me. If not I will post the link to my instagram post for sound. The video I took sucks because the darn compressor for my train horns was airing up so I will take another tomorrow while the turkey is on the smoker.

But customer service with Eli and Evilla Motorsports? Absolutely fantastic guys. It took a while but Eli was in touch with me regularly giving me updates on their progress. I placed my order on the 8th of November and received it today. So a little wait but the communication was excellent through out.

I highly recommend this product for the turbo model. The non-turbo WILL BE much louder as the turbo acts as a muffler and the exhaust setup is not the same.

Link to first video:

Cheers!

John

Attachments

· Registered
22 Santa Cruz... 2.5T DCT... Evilla muffler delete... train horns... pedal commander... etc
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me know about the tower brace mate... I was considering it but it handles fairly decent as is so let me know if the brace holds noticeable handling characteristics... Eli is great and will take care of you. The exhaust will take time as he does them to order it seems.

· Registered
'22 SEL Premium
96 Posts
Let me know about the tower brace mate... I was considering it but it handles fairly decent as is so let me know if the brace holds noticeable handling characteristics... Eli is great and will take care of you. The exhaust will take time as he does them to order it seems.
He must have made a batch, my parts shipped immediately!
My SC is lifted so I thought a little more strut support was a good idea.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice... I did tell him I'd be posting it all over the place so maybe he made a few extras while he was at it. Lol!

Did you use the readylift kit or go another route? Readylift is one of my vendors and offered to shoot me out a kit but am unsure of the lift at this time. I was going to upsize the tires but didnt want to sacrifice the drive with the lift so am interested to see how the strut bar will help although most of my Squirrely driving comes from the rear.

· Registered
'22 SEL Premium
96 Posts
Nice... I did tell him I'd be posting it all over the place so maybe he made a few extras while he was at it. Lol!

Did you use the readylift kit or go another route? Readylift is one of my vendors and offered to shoot me out a kit but am unsure of the lift at this time. I was going to upsize the tires but didnt want to sacrifice the drive with the lift so am interested to see how the strut bar will help although most of my Squirrely driving comes from the rear.
I went with the Truxxx kit. I don't think this truck would take very well to a +2" lift if you're worried about drivability. I noticed no difference in handling after installing the Truxxx kit.
I'm putting on a set of 255/75 17s today. We'll see how that changes things.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice mate... yeah readylift has the 1.5 to 2.5" strut spacers and they offered the 2.0 spacers as a middle ground but yeah... have been skeptical. Lol!

The exhaust and pedal comander mods have been good for me. Pedal commander was a bit more than I bargained for but the exhaust is great and eliminates that aweful bend at the axle and sounds great so yeah.

I think I will switch to the FALKEN AT TRAILS but hard to take off 70k mile tires when they only have 7k miles on them. Lol

· Registered
6 Posts
So I just received and installed the straight pipe axleback muffler delete for the 2.5 turbo and I must say... sounds great and will certainly be less restrictive than the dufflebag muffler with the 1.5" crush bend at the axle from the factory (looks like they mismeasured the factory exhaust and just beat the **** out of it to make it fit). I don't know if this will sound good on a non-turbo but on the turbo its great.

It is not obnoxious. Can barely hear at idle. Revs under load will be far more noticeable than "in park revving" for obvious reasons. Deep throaty sound. I will post pics and a video if it lets me. If not I will post the link to my instagram post for sound. The video I took sucks because the darn compressor for my train horns was airing up so I will take another tomorrow while the turkey is on the smoker.

But customer service with Eli and Evilla Motorsports? Absolutely fantastic guys. It took a while but Eli was in touch with me regularly giving me updates on their progress. I placed my order on the 8th of November and received it today. So a little wait but the communication was excellent through out.

I highly recommend this product for the turbo model. The non-turbo WILL BE much louder as the turbo acts as a muffler and the exhaust setup is not the same.

Link to first video:

Cheers!

John
The reason for the wait was due to me :LOL: I bought an early version of the exhaust and ended up finding out that it didn't fit on Turbo models at all. The flange on the resonator is just slightly different enough from the NA that Eli had to make a completely different flange to fit it. He actually went out and bought a cnc plasma table to make new parts for it.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hangers in the same spot make sense as its a mass produced body/frame. Engines and exhausts vary per trim level.. not the hangers for said exhausts. **** even the front headlights and blinkers are wildly different from the SEL to the SEL PREMIUM buy one could argue the front end is the same and so should the blinker/headlight bulbs. Not trying to start anything man but anyone with sense would know that a turbo and nonturbo exhaust system would be engineered different but to fit the same car.

· Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
869 Posts
If you check out the link above, they have different versions for T & N/A.

· Registered
'22 SEL Premium
96 Posts
The strut brace and exhaust were delivered today. Install took maybe 30 mins total for both. Didn't even have to lift the truck because it sits high enough to get under now. I got a pretty big kick out of that, I'm used to working on lowered cars that take 30 minutes to get onto jack stands.

The strut brace is really nice because it doesn't obstruct anything in the engine bay. Perfectly designed IMO.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
536 Posts

Link to first video:

Cheers!

John
Excuse my ignorance but is that an Air horn set on the back of your Cruz?

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol... yes... its a spare tire delete setup. It has the compressor and horns and everything under and then ran the lines for power and the trigger to the front. Its grounded in the rear. But yeah... your eyes are not playing tricks on you. Its a 4 horn train horn setup from hornblasters.

· Registered
536 Posts
Lol... yes... its a spare tire delete setup. It has the compressor and horns and everything under and then ran the lines for power and the trigger to the front. Its grounded in the rear. But yeah... your eyes are not playing tricks on you. Its a 4 horn train horn setup from hornblasters.
OK but why so much hornpower? Is it for Tailgaters or to scare the Bejesus out of motorcyclists as they're rippin'N roarin' past you? Install a quick disconnect for an air hose then you can put air in your tires when ur on the road.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts