Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trailer hitch with 7 pin connector. Bed mat and tailgate cover. I had a 2018 GMC Canyon before, while I want the trailer hitch, I didn’t use mine on the Canyon for the last 1 1/2 years. I wanted this Santa Cruz for more creature comforts.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Trailer hitch with 7 pin connector. Bed mat and tailgate cover. I had a 2018 GMC Canyon before, while I want the trailer hitch, I didn’t use mine on the Canyon for the last 1 1/2 years. I wanted this Santa Cruz for more creature comforts.
The bed being very slippery I was thinking would be really cool and really annoying depending on the circumstance. My concern with a bed mat though is you end up covering your bed trunk up.

I figured the Honda Ridgeline would have the same dilemma, and their solution seems to be a two-piece bed rug. Supposed to have quite a lot of traction and dampens the noise of anything in the bed from bouncing around.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The bedrug looks very nice. But, I'm curious if rainwater evaporates quickly from under the bedrug. I fear it might sit under there and smell like the Okeefenokee Swamp after awhile.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The bedrug looks very nice. But, I'm curious if rainwater evaporates quickly from under the bedrug. I fear it might sit under there and smell like the Okeefenokee Swamp after awhile.
They are made of polypropylene, which is basically plastic fiber. The backing is closed cell foam.

·
Registered
476 Posts
While we're on the subject, I wonder if new SC owners are finding any strong chemical smell coming from the brunk. Quite a few Ridgeline owners complained about it and tried various cleaning methods attempting to alleviate it.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great color! Looks awesome. We were fortunate to pick up our Hampton Limited in Friday. Many dealers in So California seem to be getting their allotment. So far only got to drive it home. It’s been sitting in the driveway as we left early Saturday morning for a short trip. Will get to play with it and adjust settings later this afternoon. Can’t wait!

·
Registered
51 Posts
The bed being very slippery I was thinking would be really cool and really annoying depending on the circumstance. My concern with a bed mat though is you end up covering your bed trunk up.

I figured the Honda Ridgeline would have the same dilemma, and their solution seems to be a two-piece bed rug. Supposed to have quite a lot of traction and dampens the noise of anything in the bed from bouncing around.
The OEM bed mat has a seam in the middle to allow the trunk to be opened without issue.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
417 Posts
The BedRug dries quickly in the sun. I have had the BedRug on my Ridgeline for 5 years and just removed it. No marks or stains on the bed of the truck from the BedRug. The BedRug is made of synthetic material so it won't mold or deteriorate over time. A great purchase.

·
Registered
79 Posts

View attachment 1980
I sent an email to BEDRUG customer service and asked if when they would be making a custom-fit bedrug for the Santa Cruz. Will let all know when they respond.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I sent an email to BEDRUG customer service and asked if when they would be making a custom-fit bedrug for the Santa Cruz. Will let all know when they respond.
I sent this to BEDRUG: "The Hyundai Santa Cruz is now being sold in the U.S. and there is lots of interest in putting a protective cover such as the BEDRUG on the existing truck bed. When do you plan to offer products for the Santa Cruz? I will post your info to the Santa Cruz forum as there are many potential customers looking for this product."
This was their response: "
Hello,
We have no intentions of making a Bedrug for this vehicle."

Guess they don't want the potential business...

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
Or they don't think they'd sell enough to recoup the R&D costs. Which, really ... how much should that be to measure and cut their existing material?

·
Registered
16 Posts

View attachment 1980
I had one of these installed in a Ford F-150 and absolutely loved it. I also had a cover over the bed that was waterproof so rain/water was an issue. It was some type of indoor outdoor carpet that I think could handle some moisture very well. I will definitely wait for one of these for sure!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I sent this to BEDRUG: "The Hyundai Santa Cruz is now being sold in the U.S. and there is lots of interest in putting a protective cover such as the BEDRUG on the existing truck bed. When do you plan to offer products for the Santa Cruz? I will post your info to the Santa Cruz forum as there are many potential customers looking for this product."
This was their response: "
Hello,
We have no intentions of making a Bedrug for this vehicle."

Guess they don't want the potential business...
Boy they really need some improvement in their PR Dept... How about, "ty for your interest in our product, we apologize but at this time we have no blah blah blah..."

Honestly i never heard of Bedbug till today, but with Customer Service like that it doesn't surprise me....lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts