Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate, Sage Grey, Dark Green two-tone leather
122 Posts
Notice at the 6:25 mark they show a 7-pin wiring harness sitting on the tailgate when talking about accessories

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Notice at the 6:25 mark they show a 7-pin wiring harness sitting on the tailgate when talking about accessories
They took that image from 3:10 into this video. I assume there is a boat load of these things sitting off shore waiting to come into port. Until then get the one with Kia logo on it.

This video shows a 6'4" dude squeezing into the back for reference. This is only review I've seen that claims the digital dash has some glare. Other then that nothing we haven't seen or heard before.

·
Registered
170 Posts
"Oh no! My Slurpee!" LOL

• Haha
Reactions: LittleBokey

·
Registered
473 Posts
They took that image from 3:10 into this video. I assume there is a boat load of these things sitting off shore waiting to come into port. Until then get the one with Kia logo on it.

This video shows a 6'4" dude squeezing into the back for reference. This is only review I've seen that claims the digital dash has some glare. Other then that nothing we haven't seen or heard before.
Never had an issue with glare off the dash

It amuses me that every single review touches on the lack of volume button (despite the fact that there's one on the steering wheel) and the piano black

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It amuses me that every single review touches on the lack of volume button (despite the fact that there's one on the steering wheel) and the piano black
Honda put the volume knob back after owners complained. Agree its not a huge issue with the buttons on the wheel but knowing people would complain why not just have a knob? The SEL Premium was the right approach, mostly touch controls with a few real knobs.

The piano black looks upscale at first but everyone fears how it will hold up over time. I have only one data point on this topic: I had a Sonata rental last week (work related) - the car was a 2019 with 16k in mileage and the piano black looked perfect. Rentals get abused so this gives me confidence the SC interior will be fine in my care. Worse case vinyl wrap in a few years. I had to wrap the aluminum trim (real metal) in my wife's Infiniti because it got all scratched from her jewelry.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
225 Posts
Nice positive review. He did miss the ability to load 4x8 plywood. I don't think he really had a clue with how he glossed over the tilt capability of the tailgate.

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate, Sage Grey, Dark Green two-tone leather
122 Posts
I don't see the issue with all the complaints about no volume knob on some vehicles. I cant remember the last time Ive touched a volume knob:unsure:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Honda put the volume knob back after owners complained. Agree its not a huge issue with the buttons on the wheel but knowing people would complain why not just have a knob? The SEL Premium was the right approach, mostly touch controls with a few real knobs.

The piano black looks upscale at first but everyone fears how it will hold up over time. I have only one data point on this topic: I had a Sonata rental last week (work related) - the car was a 2019 with 16k in mileage and the piano black looked perfect. Rentals get abused so this gives me confidence the SC interior will be fine in my care. Worse case vinyl wrap in a few years. I had to wrap the aluminum trim (real metal) in my wife's Infiniti because it got all scratched from her jewelry.
I guess it's just personal experience/preference, but my last several vehicles had a volume knob on the dash and steering controls. I may have used the one on the dash a handful of times in the last 10 years.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I guess it's just personal experience/preference, but my last several vehicles had a volume knob on the dash and steering controls. I may have used the one on the dash a handful of times in the last 10 years.
I think this comes down to being a reviewer vs an owner. If you review cars constantly you go thru this relearning processes each week. As someone who rents often (due to my job) I get it: you get into a new car and start searching for a volume control, but a standard knob poking out of the dash is instant muscle memory. I've been in cars that use a little wheel, a rocker or toggle, a switch and even a button on the back of the wheel (good luck finding that). As an owner you never think about it because you drive the same car every day.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I think this comes down to being a reviewer vs an owner. If you review cars constantly you go thru this relearning processes each week. As someone who rents often (due to my job) I get it: you get into a new car and start searching for a volume control, but a standard knob poking out of the dash is instant muscle memory. I've been in cars that use a little wheel, a rocker or toggle, a switch and even a button on the back of the wheel (good luck finding that). As an owner you never think about it because you drive the same car every day.
As a person who use to jump into a different rental SUV, almost every week for over 12 years - I agree.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
225 Posts
For maybe some context from YouTube: "Hyundai’s first pickup earns safety award The 2022 Santa Cruz crew cab, a small pickup, qualifies for a TOP SAFETY PICK award when equipped with specific headlights."

·
Registered
23 Posts
For maybe some context from YouTube: "Hyundai’s first pickup earns safety award The 2022 Santa Cruz crew cab, a small pickup, qualifies for a TOP SAFETY PICK award when equipped with specific headlights."
I test drove the Preferred model two weeks ago (not sure what trim level that equates to in the US) at dusk, and the headlights seems sub-par! The road was barely lit up...

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
371 Posts
You don't have that issue with the ultimate - the only partial issue is some drivers, (after the hi beams have dipped) will flash you - I don't know if they think I have Aux/fog lights on, but the SC lights have a clearly defined light band, more than i've noticed in any other vehicle - and its not high - probably been flashed by 1/2 dozen F-150's, and tonight by a lo rider boy racer Civic - they get flashed back - i'd like to see what the SC looks like to meet in the dark may have to send the wife out in it and drive around in hers - but from the SC driving seat (for me) its a very illuminated night time ride

·
Registered
23 Posts
You don't have that issue with the ultimate - the only partial issue is some drivers, (after the hi beams have dipped) will flash you - I don't know if they think I have Aux/fog lights on, but the SC lights have a clearly defined light band, more than i've noticed in any other vehicle - and its not high - probably been flashed by 1/2 dozen F-150's, and tonight by a lo rider boy racer Civic - they get flashed back - i'd like to see what the SC looks like to meet in the dark may have to send the wife out in it and drive around in hers - but from the SC driving seat (for me) its a very illuminated night time ride
excellent - thanks for the info. I have heard too that the SC has a very defined lighting edge. One lady said she found it distracting because she kept thinking something was running along in the ditch... 😅

1 - 19 of 19 Posts