Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody found a key fob case for the Cruz yet? There's one on Hyundai's website:

but that's not what I want - I'd like a rubber one that you can still use the buttons, something like this:

White Light Product Peripheral Black

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anybody found a key fob case for the Cruz yet? There's one on Hyundai's website:

but that's not what I want - I'd like a rubber one that you can still use the buttons, something like this:

View attachment 3580
Yes, I found this one to be good. From Amazon.

INFIPAR Fit for 2021 2020 2019 Hyundai Sonata, 2022 Hyundai Tucson, 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Genuine Leather Smart Key Fob Case Cover Keyless Entry Protector (5-Button, Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZL1JKJ...abc_99M43RZEC0559ARFNDND?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

·
Registered
382 Posts
You might consider searching for "Hyundai Key Fob Cover" on Etsy, as well. They have a bunch of really nice options from the looks of it -- here are a couple that might do the trick:

Car alarm Communication Device Font Gadget Material property

Human body Jewellery Body jewelry Event Metal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everybody for the input! what I think will work is: the keyfob for the Tuscon appears to be exactly the same size, just has an image of a trunk opening instead of the image of the tailgate opening. So I got a cover on Amazon similar to the picture I posted and we'll see if it fits!

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
Black Limited
308 Posts
Anybody found a key fob case for the Cruz yet? There's one on Hyundai's website

View attachment 3580
Incase someone hasn't posted already. Got these yesterday. Perfect fit. A tip on installing them... use a tiny bit of PAM (or the like) on your fingertip and apply only on the opening edge right around the inside of the lip to get the cover over the wide part of the fob, then it goes on pretty easy. Doesn't take much, but without it then it's just about impossible!

·
Registered
Black Limited
308 Posts
I put mine in my pocket and it falls out every once in a while since it's so smooth and slick. This stops that. Plus, it's protected. You break it, you cough up $$$ to get a new one and get it programmed.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I like how this case was a leather slip. It allows me to still pull the key out with out taking off the case. And plenty stylish. ...
Well, now my curiosity is aroused.

In the years we've owned a car with a fob like this, I never had any reason to remove the key from it (Except to change the fob's battery.)

So, what do you do with the key when it's out of the fob anyway?

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
109 Posts
I missed this discussion but I got one of the two piece TPU covers off Amazon a week or two ago. I was having issues with accidental button presses rolling down the windows and dropping the tailgate from my pocket, and this seems to have decreased the chances of that.

It's a two piece clamshell case with a clear window over the buttons. Seems like it also offers plenty of protection.

I would be really happy if this style of fob had a switch to deactivate the buttons, since you only need it to be in proximity for most things unless you want to lock/unlock at a distance. But if the case cuts it out that's cool too. The shiny blue looks nice and bold, too, so it's easy to identify if it were left out somewhere.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
109 Posts
Anyone know if this one will fit? I like the blue color and that it comes with that leather thing.
No. The five button fob buttons are wider and there isn't a hole at each end. The fobs themselves are probably differently shaped too. The one I got and linked above looks to be the same color, you could find the leather strap separately I'm sure. I did see a Mechcos(?) brand case that came with a little nylon strap but that's nowhere near as nice as that leather one. I really like that Hyundai strap, it might be worth getting just for the strap if it's not available separately.

I will say the glossy TPU case is already getting scuffy from the other keys I carry, and it did not stop my issues with accidentally pressing buttons completely. I think by the time this case is a year old it will look like garbage and need to be replaced. I might spring for the leather case at that time.

·
Registered
Limited
301 Posts

In the years we've owned a car with a fob like this, I never had any reason to remove the key from it (Except to change the fob's battery.)

I had older cars with a fob you had to insert into the dash to start the car. I would start the car then pull the key out with the attached key ring. I could leave the vehicle running, lock the car doors, and go back inside the house, or use the keys if I forgot to lock the house door, etc. With BMW not allowing remote start, it came in handy on cold winter mornings. lol

Not nearly as much reason to remove that key with the SC. As the fob can leave the car while it's running. Maybe he has more key uses we can hear about?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD Black Beauty
352 Posts

I believe the key when removed will allow you to unlock the door manually. IIRC from the owner's manual, you have to pry part of the exterior door handle off and there is a slot to insert the key.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts