Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issues remote starting their SC from the key fob?
I have an SEL activity with the smart key fob and haven't been able to start the car from the fob. Bluelink works fine but I find it inconvenient to have to go though the app. Has anone else had this issue or is this a Limited only feature?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL, Hampton Gray
7 Posts
From the manual:
Remotely starting vehicle
(if equipped)
You can start the vehicle using the
Remote Start button on the smart key.
To start the vehicle remotely:
1. Before you can use remote start your
vehicle, the door lock button must be
pressed. Press the door lock button
on the Smart Key. You must be within
about 32 feet (10m) from your vehicle.
2. Press and hold the remote start
button on your Smart Key. You must
press the button within 4 seconds
from when you pressed the door lock
button to activate the remote start.
3. The hazard warning lights will blink
and the engine will start.
4. To turn off the remote start function,
press the Remote Start button once.

·
Registered
22 SC SEL AWD activity package, '21 Chevrolet 3500HD Duramax
480 Posts
Has anyone had issues remote starting their SC from the key fob?
I have an SEL activity with the smart key fob and haven't been able to start the car from the fob. Bluelink works fine but I find it inconvenient to have to go though the app. Has anone else had this issue or is this a Limited only feature?
But yes check your settings see if you vehicle is set to 2 presses of the lock button or 1. If that doesn't work contact the dealer. Oh have you tried both fobs too???

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thank you all for the help the double lock and hold start worked. Couldn't find it when i was looking through the manual
I search an electronic version of the manual. It is faster and more complete, unless Hyundai used an unusual nomenclature. What I always knew as cruise control Hyundai calls intelligent speed limit assist. (correction: The manual does use “cruise control.”)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thought you had the SEL? That comes with remote start I thought?
Mine does have factory remote start. I wanted to be able to run longer than the 10-15 minutes allowed with the factory starter. I also wanted to be able to lock it while running without having to leave my second fob in the vehicle. My aftermarket app also works much more quickly and is more dependable than the blue link app.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine does have factory remote start. I wanted to be able to run longer than the 10-15 minutes allowed with the factory starter. I also wanted to be able to lock it while running without having to leave my second fob in the vehicle. My aftermarket app also works much more quickly and is more dependable than the blue link app.
Which app do you use? Now I'm curious if its more convenient than bluelink

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
1,091 Posts
Key fob is separate to the Bluelink, should be able to remote start without blue link just the fob- as long as you are in range, however if you want to remote start from the train/plane via your phone app as you pull into your destination (pre-heat/pre-cool your SC)? you will need an active bluelink

·
Registered
40 Posts
Key fob is separate to the Bluelink, should be able to remote start without blue link just the fob- as long as you are in range, however if you want to remote start from the train/plane via your phone app as you pull into your destination (pre-heat/pre-cool your SC)? you will need an active bluelink
Thank you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts