Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the Kia 7 pin harness, it did not come with the bracket to secure the harness to the back of the Santa Cruz. For you guys that have the Kia harness and aftermarket hitch (Curt or Uhaul), where did you get your bracket (item number) and where on the back of the Santa Cruz did you install it. (Picture if possible). Thanks for the help in advance. (I finally looked under the back of the Cruz, installing the harness shouldn’t be any problem at all, just locating it securely is my concern.)

Thanks

·
Registered
Limited
214 Posts
Curt sells a couple of options. Typically you will see the mount that clamps to the hitch then the 7-pin bracket mounts to that. They offer them in different lengths and drops. You can check them out of Curt's site.

Examples below.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Some posted this unit available from Home Depot: Curt 58000

·
Registered
Limited
214 Posts
oops I forgot to link that one too. That is probably the easiest solution. The other versions may allow you to tuck the connector higher or forward under the bumper more.

I bought a few options but have not had time to install the hitch and try the different options out to see what I like the most

·
Registered
122 Posts
Go to Home Depot's website and type in Curt You will get 4,019 of Curt brand items to pop up. Everything from hitches to safety chains and a bizillion other items including wiring connector brackets.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
That is probably the easiest solution. The other versions may allow you to tuck the connector higher or forward under the bumper more.
Agree... may not the best looking solution but it solves the problem immediately.

Looking forward to other possible solutions. With some u-bolts you could likely fab-up something that is very similar to the OEM style where its a bit more hidden. That first one you posted should work well too just looked a bit flimsy but maybe once clamped down it stays put. They also make a shorter version: https://www.amazon.com/CURT-57204-Vehicle-Side-Trailer-Harness/dp/B00537FDCA/ which could help hide things.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just received the Kia 7 pin harness, it did not come with the bracket to secure the harness to the back of the Santa Cruz. For you guys that have the Kia harness and aftermarket hitch (Curt or Uhaul), where did you get your bracket (item number) and where on the back of the Santa Cruz did you install it. (Picture if possible). Thanks for the help in advance. (I finally looked under the back of the Cruz, installing the harness shouldn’t be any problem at all, just locating it securely is my concern.)

Thanks
Which Kia 7 pin did you purchase? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts