Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SC SE and SEL still does not comes with LED headlights. ANY ideas or recommendation for the sc led headlights ? Very disappointed most other brands are LED as standard.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Ridgeline RTS
34 Posts
I think it's still a little too early in the game as of yet, but I don't know for sure since I don't own one. Sylvania only has MY up to 2020 right now so I don't know which bulb the SC uses.

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
150 Posts
In looking at the bulb specs, it appears as though they are using a 9005/HB3 bulbset for both low and high beam. Hyundai & Kia both tend to use mounting wherein the plug is part of the bulb mounting, so an adapter may be required.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Could try ordering the factory part and installing it. Replace the whole assembly. I'd imagine the wiring is the same for both setups.
For most OEMs the original headlights are crazy expensive. You can just replace the bulbs in them with LEDs. Unlike with reflectors, the cutoff on the projectors means that you aren't going to cause glare to oncoming drivers with halfway decent ones.

Here you can see the LED bulbs I put in projectors that were originally made for halogen:

I went with these I think almost 2 years ago, so there may be better options and of course you'd need the right size bulb for whatever size the SC's are. I recommend Amazon so you can buy a few bulbs at once, and then just return the crappy ones (or all of them if you don't like them) for free: Amazon.com: HIKARI TOP XHP50.2 LED, 9005 LED Bulbs Conversion Kit, 10000lm, High Lumens 6000K Cool White, IP68 Waterproof, HB3 Halogen Bulbs Replacement, 9014 9045 Foglight: Automotive

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same I want to replace the halogen bulbs but can't seem to find the size of the bulb on the manual or anywhere, so its for sure a 9005/HB3 ? I will order replace and post pictures to show the difference I hate how the DRL and the headlights don't match.

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
150 Posts
Same I want to replace the halogen bulbs but can't seem to find the size of the bulb on the manual or anywhere, so its for sure a 9005/HB3 ? I will order replace and post pictures to show the difference I hate how the DRL and the headlights don't match.
From the Owner's Manual:
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

Again, Hyundai & Kia both use funky mounting and may require adapters for LED upgrades. Until somebody actually gets one apart, we will not know for sure. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: JMII

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed a pair of Auxito 9005 LEDs from Amazon. They work pretty well. They only draw a total of 60W for the pair and are far superior to the halogens. I wanted to be conservative with the wattage. The LEDs match perfectly the DRLs in color. There is plenty of space for more powerful ones like the 40Wx2 Auxitos. How to install? Go very slow. The owners manual misses half of the procedure. You only need a popsicle stick. The wheel fairings need to be very carefully popped out.. you need to only pop out maybe 1/3 of it. They are delicate aluminum/ plastic clips. Then use the popsicle stick to pop the push rivets. There are 6 you need to pop on each side. 2 on under the bumper and 4 in the wheel wheel. The rest is self explanatory. You will be just fine.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
52 Posts
I just installed a pair of Auxito 9005 LEDs from Amazon. They work pretty well. They only draw a total of 60W for the pair and are far superior to the halogens. I wanted to be conservative with the wattage. The LEDs match perfectly the DRLs in color. There is plenty of space for more powerful ones like the 40Wx2 Auxitos. How to install? Go very slow. The owners manual misses half of the procedure. You only need a popsicle stick. The wheel fairings need to be very carefully popped out.. you need to only pop out maybe 1/3 of it. They are delicate aluminum/ plastic clips. Then use the popsicle stick to pop the push rivets. There are 6 you need to pop on each side. 2 on under the bumper and 4 in the wheel wheel. The rest is self explanatory. You will be just fine.
Could you send us a photo, when you get a chance, of the after with DRLs running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
833 Posts
Which Auxitos did you get? I see they make several different models in 9005. This seems to be their flagship one: https://auxito.com/collections/9005/products/dd-y13-9005

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, as requested. I’ve been running them for 2 weeks without any issue. I drive with them on 2 hrs a day for work through the dark forest in Montana and the range is excellent. I have a gripe though, because the LEDs have a thick housing, you are loosing a tiny bit of coverage. Trust me though, you don’t even notice it cause they are so bright. When these burn out in a couple years, I will definitely go for the 80watt ones 40W+40W because of their increased power and thin profile. BTW, note the new Firestone Destination A/T2s. They look amazing on those stock rims (P245/60r18) and have great traction on the road and wintery icy weather. Those OEM Kumhos are now my spare tires….

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi all, as requested. I’ve been running them for 2 weeks without any issue. I drive with them on 2 hrs a day for work through the dark forest in Montana and the range is excellent. I have a gripe though, because the LEDs have a thick housing, you are loosing a tiny bit of coverage. Trust me though, you don’t even notice it cause they are so bright. When these burn out in a couple years, I will definitely go for the 80watt ones 40W+40W because of their increased power and thin profile. BTW, note the new Firestone Destination A/T2s. They look amazing on those stock rims (P245/60r18) and have great traction on the road and wintery icy weather. Those OEM Kumhos are now my spare tires….
So you you only need 2 bulbs? A single LED does both Lo and Hi beams?

·
Registered
833 Posts
So you you only need 2 bulbs? A single LED does both Lo and Hi beams?
Usually on that style of projector, it just has a little solenoid inside that controls a flap that is raised and lowered. Lowered it makes a nice clean beam cutoff, and raised it just lets all the light out so some goes higher for the high beam.

·
Registered
52 Posts
9005 LED Bulbs Mini Sized CanBus Ready 80W 16,000LM/Pair, AUXITO 9005 (HB3) LED Bulb Conversion Kit, 6500K Xenon White, Pack of 2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WCSJQYC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_MFNZJ7DNS8D7TW5CVBAT

Is this the 40W you were planning on installing? I’m considering ordering

·
Registered
833 Posts
9005 LED Bulbs Mini Sized CanBus Ready 80W 16,000LM/Pair, AUXITO 9005 (HB3) LED Bulb Conversion Kit, 6500K Xenon White, Pack of 2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WCSJQYC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_MFNZJ7DNS8D7TW5CVBAT

Is this the 40W you were planning on installing? I’m considering ordering

I'm concerned about the fakespot rating:
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Circle

Basically they take away likely fake reviews and give a score based just on reliable reviews, and its average is only 2/5 stars, with some saying they died early and are not clockable (ability to fine tune to ensure they are perfectly up and down vertical).
Lied about 16000 lumen, returned
Reviewed in the United States on March 7, 2020
Verified Purchase
I was looking for brightest LED headlamp, so I bought this specifically because it claimed 8000 Lumen per headlamp (16000 both) which was more than the 6000 Lumen per headlamp Nineo I had
previously purchased.

I measured both Nineo and Auxito with a Lux meter (I have optical engineering experience). This Auxito measured less than the 6000 lumen rated Nineo which I also compared to a 1250 Lumen halogen. The Nineo rating looks about right compared with the halogen correcting for wider, more uniform beam width of Nineo.

Consequently, I returned the Auxito and gave it 1 star for lying about the key buying parameter, the lumen rating.
I think the reviewer is talking about these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JCSRS7H

I installed those into one of my vehicles about two years ago and they are very bright for the price and have not dimmed. They are clockable with a tiny screw, so if you see they are off, you loosen and adjust until perfect, then tighten.
Rectangle Font Circle Number Paper

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm concerned about the fakespot rating:
View attachment 3582
Basically they take away likely fake reviews and give a score based just on reliable reviews, and its average is only 2/5 stars, with some saying they died early and are not clockable (ability to fine tune to ensure they are perfectly up and down vertical).

I think the reviewer is talking about these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JCSRS7H

I installed those into one of my vehicles about two years ago and they are very bright for the price and have not dimmed. They are clockable with a tiny screw, so if you see they are off, you loosen and adjust until perfect, then tighten.
View attachment 3583
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all just an update. Now 6 weeks running the auxitos, doing great. So far I can confirm they do great at 18F temps/ rain and snow. I think I’m gonna stick with the 60W set. The images are slightly blurry cause I was doing 70mph at the time ;) lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 72 Posts