Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to start out by saying thank you to all who posted in the past about this modification/upgrade. It made my installation easy and only took a total of 15-20 minutes.

One thing I noticed with some of the posts was a difference in the opinion on how many clips/pins need to be removed to gain access to the headlights. I only needed to remove the four (4) along the edge of the wheel well/fender. I was then able to use the auto trim removal tool to release the plastic from underneath the fender flare. From there it was easy to pull the plastic back and gain access to the headlight housing.

Then it was just a matter of:
  • Removing the dust cover from the back of the headlight housing.
  • Twisting and removing the halogen bulb from the headlight housing.
  • Unclipping the halogen bulb from the wiring.
  • Clipping the AUXITO bulb into the wiring.
  • Placing and securing the AUXITO LED bulb in the headlight housing.
  • Replacing and securing the headlight housing dust cover.
  • I then used the auto trim removal tool to tuck the plastic back under the edge of the fender flare by starting at the bottom and sliding it up toward the top of the wheel well.
  • I then put the four (4) pins/clips back in place.
Attached are pictures of the items I used as well as before and after pictures. I would be happy to answer any questions about the process. It was A LOT easier after reading most of the posts. I made the project more difficult in my mind than it actually was to complete. Now I just need for the sun to go down so I can see the difference!
Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle Tire

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Gesture Font Material property Electric blue Auto part
Writing implement Office supplies Writing instrument accessory Pen Font
Product Automotive lighting Font Line Gas
Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle Tire
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL AWD
96 Posts
Looks great. This mod is on my list to do at some point. You get a chance to see how the lights look at night yet? Any pictures?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts