Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,119 Posts
Fun fact - in Ontario - BOTH!! Some of us have car/SUV plates, some have truck plates. Mine has a truck plate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Michigan is a Both state also. On my registration it is listed as a truck, but I transferred a plate from my trade-in Jeep Compass which is considered a station wagon in Michigan. Therefore if you purchase a new plate it will be a truck plate, but I was able to transfer my car plate.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My Virginia plates are normal car plates, but my registration says body=pickup. Same for when I had my Ram 1500. I think in Virginia, maybe only heavy duty trucks have specific plates that state Truck on them.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Fun fact - in Ontario - BOTH!! Some of us have car/SUV plates, some have truck plates. Mine has a truck plate.
Ha! Next time the brodozer boys start with the "It ain't a truck!" stuff, you can show 'em the official 'truck certificate' on your bumper!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Never realized there was a distinction. I guess in NJ they don't bother since the dealer said they can reuse the plates from my Civic.

But I guess states will find any excuse to increase fees, so double surprise they don't charge more for a truck in NJ.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Pittsburgh. My dealer said lets run it thru as a car and see what happens. No need to pay for a truck plate, which PENNDOT will be glad to have you pay for. Got my registration back no problem.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Premium - Phantom Black
40 Posts
Got mine at Tasca end of August..
Tasca? When did they start selling Hyundai? I got mine at Tarbox. I actually saw another on the road in RI today for the 1st time, it was on 295 south... I was surprised.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Tasca? When did they start selling Hyundai? I got mine at Tarbox. I actually saw another on the road in RI today for the 1st time, it was on 295 south... I was surprised.
SORRY.. I meant Tarbox.. My RV is at TASCA right now having work done on it..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts