Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Michigan is a Both state also. On my registration it is listed as a truck, but I transferred a plate from my trade-in Jeep Compass which is considered a station wagon in Michigan. Therefore if you purchase a new plate it will be a truck plate, but I was able to transfer my car plate.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My Virginia plates are normal car plates, but my registration says body=pickup. Same for when I had my Ram 1500. I think in Virginia, maybe only heavy duty trucks have specific plates that state Truck on them.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Fun fact - in Ontario - BOTH!! Some of us have car/SUV plates, some have truck plates. Mine has a truck plate.
Ha! Next time the brodozer boys start with the "It ain't a truck!" stuff, you can show 'em the official 'truck certificate' on your bumper!!

Reactions: Walking Black Bear

·
Registered
2022 SC Limited Hampton Grey
228 Posts
Never realized there was a distinction. I guess in NJ they don't bother since the dealer said they can reuse the plates from my Civic.

But I guess states will find any excuse to increase fees, so double surprise they don't charge more for a truck in NJ.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.