Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're downsizing from a Ram 1500 to either a SC or Maverick, and our mountain bikes are actually just as old as the truck so got us thinking about replacing them as well.

It seems like electric assisted bicycles have come a long way in performance and down in cost, just like the hybrid Maverick, and a couple of little folders like this could easily be stored in a short bed: https://www.amazon.com/Folding-Elec...-Bikes-Double-Shock-Absorption/dp/B08NJ9HVYL/ (<- not an endorsement, that one may be bad I'm not an expert) or I see there are some urban commuter e-bikes that appear a bit shorter.

Will just have to check weight on these and make sure its manageable.

Thoughts on that or other toys you plan to use with your Santa Cruz? Bed racks for Kayaks, etc?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Coming from a full size Ram the SC is going to seem tiny to you.

I plan on getting a hitch extension for my kayak like this: https://www.amazon.com/ECOTRIC-Truck-Extender-Extension-Lumber/dp/B01AW6BEBK/ with my Dakota I just let my Pelican Catch 120 hang off the tailgate (strapped down of course) but I wasn't going very far or driving on the highway. Having an accessory like this will solve the short bed issue for most loads and allow me to take that kayak anywhere.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Check out E-Bikes.... they are awesome. I am not affilliated with them at all. They have folding, different styles, what ever to fit the Santa Cruz. I knot to sport a brand... sorry just trying to support Cruz would be owners....

Reactions: JASmith

·
Registered
13 Posts
I plan on getting a hitch extension for my kayak like this: https://www.amazon.com/ECOTRIC-Truck-Extender-Extension-Lumber/dp/B01AW6BEBK/ ... Having an accessory like this will solve the short bed issue for most loads and allow me to take that kayak anywhere.
My plan as well if I go with the SC. Roof racks for two boats. Hitch extender for the other two. Would also consider rear seat covers, if offered, to protect them from The Child. All weather floor mats, of course...

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,021 Posts
I really like that tailgate "Latchit Rack" that someone posted the another thread about add-ons. That will likely be my first purchase and I will sell off my current 1UP trailer hitch bike rack (wonderful rack).

ADMIN: I'm the king of typo's! Lol... I think your post counter is counting every edit as a post. Might check that. ;)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Had a Santa Cruz Hightower. Way more bike then I needed at my age. Eventually sold it off and went back to a hardtail with modern geo. I now ride a Banshee Paradox. Best feeling and fitting bike I've owned. No suspension energy drain when climbing and the forgiving vertical (without lateral flex) hardtail design can handle the slower speeds I go downhill at 60+ years old these days. Hands down the most awesome hardtail I have ever ridden!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Had a Santa Cruz Hightower. Way more bike then I needed at my age. Eventually sold it off and went back to a hardtail with modern geo. I now ride a Banshee Paradox. Best feeling and fitting bike I've owned. No suspension energy drain when climbing and the forgiving vertical (without lateral flex) hardtail design can handle the slower speeds I go downhill at 60+ years old these days. Hands down the most awesome hardtail I have ever ridden!
Favorite Hardtail of all time is still my 1997 Schwinn Factory Homegrown. Raced it extensively back in day. The Factory Homegrowns were actually Yeti built frames out of Colorado.

Now I'm old and like soft tails and bikes that aren't a size too small for my 6'2" frame.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
My favorite long-term bike is my old 1991-2 Schwinn Crosspoint, for no other reason than it does it all in comfort. I still have that bike today. Hard to believe it's hitting 30 years old now.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,131 Posts
This what we use to help carry our kayaks! It is very handy! We got ours from academy sports for like 90 bucks I think
I was looking at something very similar for my kayak. So far it's been okay hanging out of the back of my truck (97 Sierra), but the SC bed is a solid foot and a half shorter, 4' bed and 12' kayak isn't a great combo. But 5' and change with an extender would be okay. I'm hoping I can get some roof racks though. I think that would work just fine too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts