Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2022 White Santa Cruz Limited
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So driving my limited SC the other day all the warning lights on the instrument cluster came on. I'm not exaggerating, all of them. Then I noticed that the speedometer, tachometer and odometer were no longer functioning as well. None of the safety features are now working. Also noticed the climate control wasn't working as well. A couple minutes later every blinked and it was fine again. So I have experienced this 4 times. Sad to say the last two time lasted a lot longer and now the odometer has missed almost 100 miles. I am currently back at the dealer having then check it out. Of course as it usually goes all the lights when out as soon as I pulled in to the dealer lot. UGH! I will keep you all posted on what they find if anything. Was just wondering if any other SC owners had this problem?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So dealer wants to keep it till Monday so they can open a ticket with some sort of technical support of Hyundai's. They said it have multiple active codes and it may be unsafe to drive. The service manager said they will call me Monday with what the next steps that the tech support requires. Maybe the first recall? Hopefully it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
476 Posts
@Santacruising, was the SC in a rainstorm, washed, or otherwise drenched shortly before the event? (I'll bet this rings a familiar bell with Ridgeline owners.)

Reactions: FFEMT6 and md_cruz

·
Registered
476 Posts
@Santacruising, was the SC in a rainstorm, washed, or otherwise drenched shortly before the event? (I'll bet this rings a familiar bell with Ridgeline owners.)
"shortly" meaning within the past several days.

Reactions: FFEMT6

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see the issue… you are up at 5:16 AM… 😳 I don’t even pee until 7, and I don’t get outta bed till 8…
Just trying to give you a little reason to smile… I hope they just replace your car
LOL...It did make me smile. I was up that early for a fishing trip and the lake was an hour away so that's the reason. Normally I'm not up till 530

·
Registered
2006 Frontier
56 Posts
ask them to do a load test on the battery...and check the connection to the battery...sometimes even new (?) batteries go bad....hth

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ask them to do a load test on the battery...and check the connection to the battery...sometimes even new (?) batteries go bad....hth
Will do thanks for the info. I also read similar issues related to bad grounds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Subaru would do this for something as simple as the Gas cap not being secured properly (minus the gauges because they weren't digital). Hopefully it's something minor like that

·
Registered
476 Posts
I mean I have washed it....but that had been days before the first "event". What was tge issue with the Ridgeline?
It took a while for Honda to figure out what was causing the dash to light up like a Christmas tree on a growing number of brand new RLs. A major electrical connector had been located under the bed of the truck. Since it was safely out of the weather, it was non-waterproof.

However, Murphy's Law was not to be violated! The connector was placed right under a small drain hole for the bed and repeatedly got drenched.

Reactions: FFEMT6

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It took a while for Honda to figure out what was causing the dash to light up like a Christmas tree on a growing number of brand new RLs. A major electrical connector had been located under the bed of the truck. Since it was safely out of the weather, it was non-waterproof.

However, Murphy's Law was not to be violated! The connector was placed right under a small drain hole for the bed and repeatedly got drenched.
🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
668 Posts
YIKES! Nothing like a Christmas tree dash to kill the happy fuzzies of a new ride.

FWIW I had a similar issue come up on a Porsche Boxster S after parking it outside at my ranch house on a close to freezing night. After towing it to the dealer (didn't even want to try driving it), the dealer called and said a mouse had made a nest in it and started chewing on some wires. Crazy! They had to splice a few things back together and never another issue. Needless to say, I didn't park it outside at the ranch anymore and let it sit for a week.

Hope it all works out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
YIKES! Nothing like a Christmas tree dash to kill the happy fuzzies of a new ride.

FWIW I had a similar issue come up on a Porsche Boxster S after parking it outside at my ranch house on a close to freezing night. After towing it to the dealer (didn't even want to try driving it), the dealer called and said a mouse had made a nest in it and started chewing on some wires. Crazy! They had to splice a few things back together and never another issue. Needless to say, I didn't park it outside at the ranch anymore and let it sit for a week.

Hope it all works out.
Oh geeze I hope that's not the case with this truck

1 - 20 of 103 Posts