Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,002 Posts
My hope for you would be that if they can't fix it in a timely manner, Hyundai steps up and gets you a brand new matching replacement Santa Cruz instead of simply refunding your money. I'd hate to see you have to go through the locate and purchase process again. Once is painful enough. Hoping for a timely resolution.

·
Registered
2022 White Santa Cruz Limited
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
My attorney said this could take 3-5 months if they are unable to fix the issue. So for right now it would seem that them fixing it would be the most timely solution. I agree though that I would rather them replace it. Although I'm not sure how much longer that would take than a refund. There seem to be pleanty limited within a 100 mile radius. Find on at msrp is another story though.

·
Registered
637 Posts
My hope for you would be that ... Hyundai steps up and gets you a brand new matching replacement Santa Cruz...
I can't recall hearing of anyone actually getting a defective car voluntarily replaced by the manufacturer. Just think what a can of worms that would open if they did it just once!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the limited too and noticed a transmission system error and it actually stalled on me make the story short, I got it back from the dealer and was driving good. Then stop for a few minutes. When I started the truck it shows the same error. I turned it off and when I turned it on m, code was gone and is doing fine. That happened yesterday. I will be calling the dealer again tomorrow to let them know. They told me to call them if it happens again.
I am following your post and hoping for a better outcome

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
I hope you have a better outcome....mine has been sitting on the dealers lot for the past two weeks. They did however have it in the shop a week ago for an hour and then it was right back out to the lot. I wish you the best. From my experience hyundai is no where to be heard from.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Okay I talked to the service advisor again today. He told me all the grounds checked out. Hyundai engineers then told them to replace three parts. The digital instrument cluster, main fuse block and a body control module. He told me they replaced the first two with no resolution. The codes are still showing active. So they are awaiting the body control module that hyundai is expediting to the dealer.....fingers crossed!

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,119 Posts
At least you know the engineers are involved now. That should lead to some kind of resolution - because engineers are usually much more personally concerned with this type of thing than any dealer or sales person/service advisor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hope you have a better outcome....mine has been sitting on the dealers lot for the past two weeks. They did however have it in the shop a week ago for an hour and then it was right back out to the lot. I wish you the best. From my experience hyundai is no where to be heard from.
Thanks for sharing your story. Have you tried using Hyundai's public social media such as Twitter and Facebook feeds to post your issues? You'd be surprised how much even a company the size of Hyundai might bend to avoid bad press. Last thing they want is accusations of the Santa Cruz being unsafe on social media.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Thanks for sharing your story. Have you tried using Hyundai's public social media such as Twitter and Facebook feeds to post your issues? You'd be surprised how much even a company the size of Hyundai might bend to avoid bad press. Last thing they want is accusations of the Santa Cruz being unsafe on social media.
I believe that isn't an option at this point. A case manager for Hyundai called last Wednesday evening and asked if I indeed had legal representation. I told them yes and he said this is the end of our conversation. So I believe I would get the same response if I posted to their social media accounts.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I believe that isn't an option at this point. A case manager for Hyundai called last Wednesday evening and asked if I indeed had legal representation. I told them yes and he said this is the end of our conversation. So I believe I would get the same response if I posted to their social media accounts.
Bad press can still cause them to expedite just making you quiet, but whatever means necessary such as settling quickly in your favor. It all depends on how viral it goes. For example if you were to show up on Channel 4 interview, you'd be priority 1 for putting fires out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bad press can still cause them to expedite just making you quiet, but whatever means necessary such as settling quickly in your favor. It all depends on how viral it goes. For example if you were to show up on Channel 4 interview, you'd be priority 1 for putting fires out.
Consult your legal council first, but you may still be able to post on Twitter & Facebook a concise version of the story in this thread and that you had to retain legal council and the emotional toll its having on you in this unprecedented time of crisis. That will grab attention. Also ask your council if you can reach out to media (online and local news) to share your story to gain additional attention and let Hyundai know your doing so. That will certainly raise urgency.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Seeing how I'm so close to that 30 day deadline(October 9) I don't know if it's really viable at this point. If I get to that date I am just moving forward with lemon suit. I do appreciate everyone's thoughts through all this. I'm hoping to her something more about that control module this week.

·
Registered
113 Posts
So Hyundai won't even discuss a remedy now that you have retained legal counsel? You would think they would want to resolve the problem before it comes to that, not end the conversation.

The way the Hyundai is handling this case is not giving me the confidence that I would need to spend $40k plus on one of their products. Every company makes mistakes but the good ones step up and resolve them, not punish a customer who is trying to protect their investment in a vehicle which can't currently be driven.

Hopefully the body control module will fix this and you can get to enjoy your new SAV.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
So Hyundai won't even discuss a remedy now that you have retained legal counsel? You would think they would want to resolve the problem before it comes to that, not end the conversation.
They clearly have no clue as to what is wrong and thus don't want to admit or say anything that might get them into legal trouble later. Standard procedure once lawyers get involved.

A new BCM is a logical next step. Hopefully that fixes things. I would be asking for finical compensation for loss of the vehicle during the repair time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
So I just spoke with the service advisor a moment ago. He told me a tech from hyundai is supposed to be coming in tomorrow to look at it. When I asked him about the bcm he stated they think it has to do with a harness somewhere and thats what this guys is going to be looking at. He said they should know more tomorrow. Here's hoping I'm really missing my truck and hate the sport suspension in my old veloster after driving my truck. As always I'll keep everyone posted.

141 - 160 of 197 Posts