Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree that your options are limited at this point. You basically have to wait to see if Hyundai ever gets its act together or go the lemon law route, which is slow and tedious.

Either way you bought a cool new vehicle but don't have the use of it and Hyundai should be ashamed to have dropped the ball so badly.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2022 White Santa Cruz Limited
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
So disgusted at this point its beyond belief. What pisses me off even more is reading how soon these other owners got responses from hyundai. I will never buy another new hyundai after this debacle. I paid 41k dollars basically to not have a vehicle for 35 days and counting, to be annoyed, pissed off, inconvenienced, and to do leg work of calling the dealer countless times. I honestly feel like I am being lied to by the dealer at this point and there is basically nothing I can do until hyundai gets in touch with my attorney. What a **** show! Sorry I just needed to vent.thanks for listening

·
Registered
113 Posts
Actually I would say that you have been very understanding and that you have every reason to be pissed off. Too bad that all you can do at this point is vent.

Hyundai clearly doesn't consistently stand behind their products and your SC proves that. It looks like they still have some demons to exorcise from their crap box past.

·
Registered
2022 SEL-Premuim 2.5Turbo AWD
38 Posts
Should be ready for lemon law…..I think that’s why they are avoiding talking to you

Frustrating beyond belief! Nothing like spending your hard earned $$ on something that should be a joy and get it stuck up your a$$.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Should be ready for lemon law…..I think that’s why they are avoiding talking to you

Frustrating beyond belief! Nothing like spending your hard earned $$ on something that should be a joy and get it stuck up your a$$.
I just would have thought they would continue to work on the vehicle in hopes they could fix it and avoid the whole re-purchasing. It would seem to me it would be cheaper than some odd 45k after taxes tag and title, not including legal fees and anything else I may be owed. The whole thing is just a mess! Never would have thought when I was signing the purchasing agreement I would be going through this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is why I keep putting off getting one. I have dealers texting saying they are coming in and if I want to put a deposit down. Then I start thinking I should wait until the bugs get worked out and parts are more available for any fixes that need to happen.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,002 Posts
So disgusted at this point its beyond belief. What pisses me off even more is reading how soon these other owners got responses from hyundai. I will never buy another new hyundai after this debacle. I paid 41k dollars basically to not have a vehicle for 35 days and counting, to be annoyed, pissed off, inconvenienced, and to do leg work of calling the dealer countless times. I honestly feel like I am being lied to by the dealer at this point and there is basically nothing I can do until hyundai gets in touch with my attorney. What a **** show! Sorry I just needed to vent.thanks for listening
I won't defend Hyundai's lack of timely response and solution to your unique problem, but I will say that your issue isn't an easy one to resolve or even determine what the actual problem is. Unlike a mechanical issue that can be ID'd and simply replace a part or assembly, all they can really do is replace one electrical part after another until the issue disappears in your case. The fact that they aren't doing this in a much more timely manner is a real legitimate concern.

I posted earlier about a damaged wire harness during a recall repair by a VW dealer on my Turbo Bug years ago. I went through 1-1/2 years of repeated engine check lights that multiple different dealers couldn't resolve. One even tried to replace the entire transmission (I didn't let that happen, as it was clear to me it wasn't the transmission). I finally took it back the the dealer I bought it from and they determined immediately the wire harness that was removed for the recall repair was damaged during that repair

That fixed the engine check light for good (at my expense with no recovery from the guilty dealer unless I wanted to take them to court), but my VW experience was so damaged at that point I felt just like you do now. I loved that car, but sold it because of the ruined ownership experience caused by the VW dealer network. It had a 10 year / 100,000 mile warranty on the Audi drive terrain in it just like Hyundai and was one of the reasons I bought it.

I vowed never to buy another VW as long as I live and when the VW diesel smog scandal came out, it confirmed my commitment to avoid VW cars forever!

Hyundai would be wise to get their act together on this repair or replace the SC with a matching brand new one for you while they piddle around with this electrical problem. If they don't, I sue their @$$ off!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
I get it. I didn't have any unreal time frame of when repairs would be done. The fact the the vehicle just sits is why I'm annoyed. Also the fact that their not working to find a vehicle for me either has me annoyed. I know they have stated that they could reimburse me up to 40 dollars a day for a rental but I don't have an extra 1000 a month at my disposal. What makes them think that I would take their word on that if I did. I'm having such issues after spend 41k with them that I wouldn't count on getting reimbursed in a timely manner for my rental car. Never would have thought that hyundai would put their customer in this position

·
Registered
637 Posts
Didn't I read earlier that you had an attorney working on this? If so, maybe you should be calling him, not the dealer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I don't find the problem itself to be a deal breaker, but Hyundai's pathetic response is one for me.

Sure, this type of problem is difficult to diagnose and finding and fixing it can take time. I write, debug and repair hardware/software systems for a living, so I do understand. I also understand that ramping up production of a new product will inevitably involve issues.

But that is hardly the fault of the buyer. Hyundai should replace your SC and take as long as they want to figure this out. If they proceed in that way they can hopefully discover the cause and address it is future production.

But selling you a $40+k vehicle which is not usable and then not working harder to resolve the issue shows them to be a company which I am not ready to give my business to. I really believed that today's Hyundai was better than this but they are proving me wrong.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Didn't I read earlier that you had an attorney working on this? If so, maybe you should be calling him, not the dealer.
I contacted my attorney on Monday and they said they are waiting on hyundai to assign an attorney to the case. What baffling is there seems to be no deadline that they have to abide by. I guess this is an attempt to get a pre litigation offer. My attorney also advised me to continue working with the dealer but not to tall directly to hyundai.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
I don't find the problem itself to be a deal breaker, but Hyundai's pathetic response is one for me.

Sure, this type of problem is difficult to diagnose and finding and fixing it can take time. I write, debug and repair hardware/software systems for a living, so I do understand. I also understand that ramping up production of a new product will inevitably involve issues.

But that is hardly the fault of the buyer. Hyundai should replace your SC and take as long as they want to figure this out. If they proceed in that way they can hopefully discover the cause and address it is future production.

But selling you a $40+k vehicle which is not usable and then not working harder to resolve the issue shows them to be a company which I am not ready to give my business to. I really believed that today's Hyundai was better than this but they are proving me wrong.
I agree with you. I have had 2 hyundais in the past and never had a issue so I figured I had no reason not to trust them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
^^^^^This^^^^^

If an attorney is involved, the company doesn't speak to the customer anymore. Could cause problems for them if it goes to court.

So your attorney needs to talk with their attorney to get the issue resolved.

If the attorneys can't work it out, then it goes to court.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Isn't there some kind of clock running on a Lemon Law case? Are they just running out that clock? Or, is the delay in the corporate attorney's appearance some sort of a 'hold' on that clock?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Isn't there some kind of clock running on a Lemon Law case? Are they just running out that clock? Or, is the delay in the corporate attorney's appearance some sort of a 'hold' on that clock?
I'm not sure what you mean. They had three attempts to fix it or 30 days of the vehicle being out of service. The vehicle has been out of service for 36 days now and it was on its third attempt.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean. They had three attempts to fix it or 30 days of the vehicle being out of service. The vehicle has been out of service for 36 days now and it was on its third attempt.
Exactly. The timing is on your side, not Hyundai's.

It already meets the lemon law criteria, so it is time for Hyundai to quit jerking you around and buy back your SC. Unfortunately it is in the hands of the lawyers at this point, and you are still paying for a vehicle that you do not even have. What a nasty experience.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Alright I talked to the service advisor this evening. He informed me that a new wiring harness arrived yesterday and that the technician was in the process of replacing it. I was told that this harness is the main one behind the dash. So the whole dash assembly is coming out. I asked him what happened to the BCM to which he respond that it didn't resolve the issue either. So he estimates that the new wiring harness will be in tomorrow if everything goes accordingly. Then they will be able to test it later tomorrow in to Thursday. I'm not holding my breathe which I'm sure all of you can understand. But fingers crossed this is the solution. I would love to be doing some santa cruising in this autumn weather we ate having. See what I did there? Any who, thanks for listening, as always I'll keep you up to speed.

161 - 180 of 197 Posts