Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've had your upgrade more than 30 days, I'm curious to hear how you feel about it now. Do you feel it's noticeably better than the stock sub still, and if you were to do it all over again right now, would you upgrade the stock sub to the Kicker 10"?

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited
224 Posts
There's a Sub in the Limited?? I haven't got mine yet but more details... location, is there an amp that can be upgraded too?
There is a 5" stock sub behind the rear seat and (IMO) was worthless.

The kicker 10" hideaway has a built in amp so you just wire it to the stock sub harness, run a ground, and a positive up to the battery and your done.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a Sub in the Limited?? I haven't got mine yet but more details... location, is there an amp that can be upgraded too?
The Limited has the Bose sound system and the amp is under one of the seats, driver side I think. From other members previous posts the Infinity Primus amp is compatible with the factory wiring for a plug n play replacement. Im considering doing the Infinity amp plus replacing all the Hyundai speakers with Inifity Kappa plus adding the self powered Kicker sub which fits in the factory sub space. I might opt to replace the Hyundai speakers without upgrading the amp using Kicker CS speakers. At least one other member has Done it and spoken well of it. The main reason I’m considering replacing the speakers is to add more mid bass. I listen to mostly pop rock so I don’t need audiophile quality speakers.

·
Premium Member
2022 Sage Limited
430 Posts
The limited SC has one of the most pathetic stereos for a top trim model, that I’ve been in recently.
My work truck is a base model Ram 2500 and that unbranded stereo would blow the Bose out of the water.

·
Registered
"Hopeful" 2022 Limited, 2004 TJ, 2017 VFR1200X, 2008 Volvo XC70
72 Posts
The Limited has the Bose sound system and the amp is under one of the seats, driver side I think. From other members previous posts the Infinity Primus amp is compatible with the factory wiring for a plug n play replacement. Im considering doing the Infinity amp plus replacing all the Hyundai speakers with Inifity Kappa plus adding the self powered Kicker sub which fits in the factory sub space. I might opt to replace the Hyundai speakers without upgrading the amp using Kicker CS speakers. At least one other member has Done it and spoken well of it. The main reason I’m considering replacing the speakers is to add more mid bass. I listen to mostly pop rock so I don’t need audiophile quality speakers.
Good to know. I listen to trance and like a good full bass sound. I'm spoiled by the Volvo xc70 sound system....

·
Registered
20 Posts
The stock Bose sub has no energy below 60hz at reasonable volume. Swapping in the Kicker makes a huge impact for filling out the lower bass/sub-bass range I find. The settings in the main Kicker Sub thread are close to spot on though I do find it almost seems a bit conservative. I find that while you won't run into any Thermal shutoff or protection I have had the remote gain knob maxed out on a few songs or having to use the tone adjustments to even out the sub with the rest of the sound. I'd prefer the tone flat or use it to cut instead of boost the sound but find that up to +2 on bass helps with keeping from maxing the remote gain knob.
Well worth the $350 as it'll make you realize the rest of the stock Bose setup isn't that bad, granted like pyrat.biker I had na S40 with the Dynaudio premium surround system (minus optional sub) that was impressive for OEM without a sub. With the kicker I'd say it's about equal but low-bass & sub-bass is much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts