Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t know why but for some reason I can’t get the tailgate to lock. I get the gas cover to lock but not my tailgate. I assume it’s a sequence?? Need some help

·
Registered
2020 Kia Telluride/2014 Chevrolet SS
23 Posts
I don’t know why but for some reason I can’t get the tailgate to lock. I get the gas cover to lock but not my tailgate. I assume it’s a sequence?? Need some help
Lock the doors (by any of the several methods that will lock the doors). That’ll lock the tailgate as well.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Lock the doors (by any of the several methods that will lock the doors). That’ll lock the tailgate as well.
Also remember that as long as you still have your keys in your pocket, the tailgate will automatically unlock and go down. You won't even hear it unlock. So if you want to test it out, lock the vehicle, make sure your keys are not anywhere near the vehicle and then confirm that the tailgate is locked.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Also remember that as long as you still have your keys in your pocket, the tailgate will automatically unlock and go down....
Are you saying that just walking near the SC will make the tailgate go down...? I thought there was a seperate button on the key fob that you had to press for a few seconds. Maybe your button is stuck in the pressed position.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
262 Posts
Are you saying that just walking near the SC will make the tailgate go down...? I thought there was a seperate button on the key fob that you had to press for a few seconds. Maybe your button is stuck in the pressed position.
You absolutely have to hold the tailgate button on the keyfob down for a couple of seconds to open the tailgate.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,076 Posts
Are you saying that just walking near the SC will make the tailgate go down...?
No, he's saying that if you have the key in your pocket, the tailgate will automatically unlock itself when you push the button to drop it. It's like the rear hatch on my Equinox - as long as I have the key on me, I can pop it open, even with all four doors locked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts