Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few posts on the forum for accommodating bikes in the bed but I'm looking for something simple. We won't likely get delivery of our SC until April, so lots of time to consider different options.

Thinking of using the T Rail slot beside the tonneau cover to slide in some T Slot Bolts and a Bike Fork Mount. That way I could face two bikes in opposite directions and keep them towards the front of the bed so that I could still access the under-bed storage compartment. Likely have to bungie the back of each bike to a tie-down point to provide a bit more stability.
Auto part Gas Rectangle Gun accessory Font

Thoughts?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've seen a few posts on the forum for accommodating bikes in the bed but I'm looking for something simple. We won't likely get delivery of our SC until April, so lots of time to consider different options.

Thinking of using the T Rail slot beside the tonneau cover to slide in some T Slot Bolts and a Bike Fork Mount. That way I could face two bikes in opposite directions and keep them towards the front of the bed so that I could still access the under-bed storage compartment. Likely have to bungie the back of each bike to a tie-down point to provide a bit more stability.
View attachment 4824

Thoughts?
You'll probably have to have the tailgate down with that option. Especially with the cover.

Best bet is tailgate pad, or hitch with bike rack. The good ones move out of the way for the tailgate to open/close.

As for access to the bed storage I can access it with my hitch and bike rack, it would be pretty easy just to take the bikes out with the tailgate pad.

Never liked the t slots. Hard to get in and out. Just personal preference.

The new bikes have thru axles too if you were to buy any bike over 500 dollars and the tslots are getting outdated as most new bikes can't use them.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hello! I have written up a post that might help you get started that enabled me to carry my bikes utilizing the rails of my bed (link below -- lots of pictures, scroll through the whole post, you'll see the finished version and build along the way). A couple of other people have extended this design and used metal, as well, for the rails. This solution has not only worked really well for me, but it is also really inexpensive (like $50 all-in).

I designed this to:
- Hold 3 bikes (I only show two in the pictures)
- Allow use of the bed and tonneau cover at the same time as hauling bikes

Hope this helps -- let me know if you have any questions!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Bicycle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts