Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I just picked up a set of used 17” Mercedes C-Class wheels that I hope will work. 5x112 bolt pattern, 48.5mm offset. Hub bore is only 66.5, whereas the Sant Cruz is 67.1. Is 0.6mm difference enough to cause trouble? If so, surely I can file that much off or something. I will paint them black to match the Santa Cruz stealth aesthetic.
As noted - the bolt pattern wont work for SC, offset is fine. if you can’t get matching bore, you’d want to go bigger. Also, I usually go with hub centric rims…
here is the spec for SC (attachment shows Palisade - its exactly same as SC )
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Circle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmmm… I guess I was under the impression (just from memory) that 5x112 and 5x114.3 were somewhat interchangeable. Looking at it further, it seems that may be the case - if you use “variation lugs” (aka wobble nuts). I don’t have experience with those but, despite some difference in opinion about those, i don’t see anything inherently wrong about them. The nut/bolt would still clamp the wheel in place fine, I would think. If you were using just one of those to hold something on I could see a problem, but with five I don’t see how there could be any movement.

I would still need to see if the hub bore works, brakes clear, etc., but it may be an option. You also have to spend at least another $60 on the lugs. I got the wheels for cheap, though, so may be worth it. Or just keep looking and resell those. Most other used wheels I see have much less of an offset, though, whereas those are almost perfect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, I tried mounting one of the Mercedes wheels and the hub won’t fit. I guess the 0.6mm difference isn’t close enough. I’m sure it could be machined to fit, but is probably not worth the trouble. I learned a lot more about the intricacies of wheels, at least. A learning experience.

I guess I should Just hold out for some rims off a similar Hyundai or Kia. Or, I’ve seen several Mazda CX wheel sets around for cheap - some with snow tires already mounted. Those appear to match the Hyundai specs almost exactly (right lug spacing, 67.1mm bore, 45mm offset).

Oh, by the way, my stock 18” Santa Cruz wheels say 51mm offset on the back, rather than the 49.5 the specs say. A negligible difference but thought I would point out.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,230 Posts
My 18" aftermarkets have a 45 offset, and unless you were to break out some sophisticated measuring equipment, or at least a stick and a marker, you'd never know to look at them. Offsets have to differ by a fair bit to be REALLY noticed. 5mm is nothing. 20 or 30 ... or more ... you'll very visibly see that.

·
Registered
Black Limited
225 Posts
Offsets have to differ by a fair bit to be REALLY noticed. 5mm is nothing. 20 or 30 ... or more ... you'll very visibly see that.
Yeah, I went from 50mm offset stock to 30mm on the new wheels and they do stick out just a bit now. They're not bad but I would like some mild flares now! Really don't care for the flat stock flares with that goofy Easter egg thingy sticking up on top. These fenders are just crying out for some cool looking flares.

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,230 Posts
They're out a bit from stock like that, but they're still within the wheel arches. Nothing wrong with that offset at all. I am curious if they'll come out with some flares for it though. They've sure been slow rolling out accessories!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heres what I got ... easy to clean and in 17" with Michelins for snow. Plus the ride is way better now!

View attachment 3164
I'm seriously loving that old school cragar look to those wheels.(are they cragars? lol ) Care to share all the part numbers of everything you needed? Did you need the hub adapters?

They'd look real nice on the white Cruz we ordered.

Cheers!

·
Registered
Black Limited
225 Posts
Thanks. I LOVE the look as well. Bought the adapters but they are still in the glove box since I haven't put them on. Been fine without them. Posted all the info here. Hope this helps...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts